Esteemed Contributor

The Proposal (TV series by makers of The Bachelor/ette)

[ Edited ]

So did any Bachelorette fans catch this after The Bachelorette?  Talk about a trainwreck.  But this first couple was very cute, got engaged and evidently still together and have fallen in love.  I am sure this is the one and only and this was to get people to watch.  What can I say...at ten o'clock at night I want a show to watch that I can fall asleep during and not care...I don't want to have to think.   Anybody else? 

Respected Contributor

I did not see this or anything last night as our power & cable were out due to storms. Was it as bad as the ads looked?

Honored Contributor

No, we changed to a movie after The Bachelorette. Thats enough drama for one night. Lol

Honored Contributor

I read one review that said don't watch it! LOL! But of course I will - on demand. DH was watching baseball, so I have to wait! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it is bad, but you kind of can't believe it.  One of those type of shows.  But again, this guy was a cute guy, cop, and the girl he chose is a doll.  As soon as she walked out I figured that would be who he would pick.  She seemed to be the only fit.  I saw them on Access tonight and they are still dating, not planning a wedding at this point, taking it slow and seeing where things go. 

Of course I'm going to watch next week!   I DVR.

Honored Contributor

I saw this by accident (or channel changing). Just the last part.

They were such a cute couple and it seemed very authentic.

I did think it was sad for the other girl at the end, even though I didn't think he would pick her when you heard and saw the one he did pick.

But I guess if someone enters the show, they are aware of how it works and should be prepared for disappointment.

I don't think I will purposely watch it again, maybe just a few minutes of it. I don't like to see people so upset about something that important.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I watched. Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore but I did shake my head at the end & wondered what in the world did I just see. She seemed sweet, he's been through a lot & still serving his community but they talked to each other for less than 15 minutes & he proposes to her while the runner-up stands there like a deer in headlights...unbelievable. Anyway I wish them well but I'm still wondering what in the world....

Esteemed Contributor

I thought he was going to pick the other girl.

Sure the show was stupid but of course I will continue to watch!!  lol

Honored Contributor
  • I don't watch The Bachelor of The Bachelorette, so this was an easy pass for me.
Honored Contributor

I thought this thread was going to be about the movie "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.  It would be helpful if the author of the thread would title the thread better and add something to give others a clue that it had to do with the tv program The Bachelor.  It would save a lot of people the trouble of clicking in to a topic that may not interest them.