Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is a movie based on the 2018-19 Broadway musical premiering on Friday December 11, and stars Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Kerry Washington, Tracey Ullman, James Corden, and Andrew Rannells. The foursome (Corden, Kidman, Streep, Rannells) play vain New York stage actors who invade a small Indiana town and use their status to champion a high schooler (Jo Ellen Pellman) denied the right to bring her girlfriend (Ariana DeBose) to the dance.

Trusted Contributor

The funny thing is that the part that Meryl Streep is playing didn't go to the woman, Beth Leavel, who played her on Broadway (and I think won a Tony). But turnabout is fair, since Beth is going to be playing the Meryl Streep part when The Devil Wears Prada comes to Broadway! And Elton John is writing the music.

Valued Contributor

I saw the show on Broadway and loved it.  Really looking forward to seeing the Netflix version!

Honored Contributor

I just watched this, it was so good! Meryl Streep is Meryl Streep she's always superb, James Corden was excellent, he's a real talent.

Honored Contributor

This sounds great.  Thank you for posting this @Jordan2 .

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Really feel good show,  Loved the music and all the performances.  I went to prom in 1976 and 1977 so glad to see how things have changed.

Honored Contributor

My friend just told me she watched 30 minutes and could not get into it. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My friend just told me she watched 30 minutes and could not get into it. 

@Shelbelle I don't know, I loved it, different strokes for different folks.

Respected Contributor

It's an old fashioned song and dance musical.  A lot of fun, wonderful cast!  Meryl Streep is a very good singer and is good fun in the part, so it Kidman and Corden.  The cast is wonderful.  It was very enjoyable to watch.  If you don't care for old fashioned musicals from years ago, then it's not your cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

I started watching this tonight.  I'm over halfway through and just took a break to get some water.  I love it!  I love Broadway musicals.  

Earlier today I watched the special that was on NBC last night "The Best Of Broadway."  I really enjoyed that, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau