Honored Contributor

I put on two game shows in afternoon/morning.  Let's make a Deal and Price is Right to help me keep track of time when getting dressed and putting on makeup.

I know when they spin the dial it's this time on The Price is Right.  Same for Let's make a deal.

I hate those women screaming and acting like a fool.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

We play along with this show.  I wonder if they tell the contestants to act goofy and scream.  It is beyond being excited to play.  I would enjoy it more if they acted normal.

@Jackhound Mom 

Great minds think alike because I was thinking the same thing about the contestants....they must get coached up to act REAL excited but it sure hurts the ears of the viewers at home....and I bet the studio sound guy too.....  They dont go overboard on the Wheel Of Fortune or Jeopardy or Press Your Luck and a lot of the other game shows .....too much is too much!!! ..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

A few years ago I read a book of the life of Bob Barker.   It was really an interesting book and very fun to read.  In it he talked about how they pick the contestants that will appear on the show. He said the assistants are told to go through the line of people waiting to see the show and interact with them to see their personalities.   They are told to choose people who are outgoing with very bubbly personalities or else someone who has an interesting story or profession.  

I was watching one episode a few weeks ago that had a doctor as a contestant.  First off I couldn't believe that a doctor would go to a TPIR taping and then act like he did.  He said he was a doctor at LA Medical Center.  I'm sure he wouldn't lie about something like that but I sure wouldn't want him as my doctor.  He jumped up and down and whooped and hollered and acted like a fool.  I think even Drew Carey was a little surprised at how this profession man acted.  

I know I would never be chosen for the show because I am not a bubbly person and I would never be what they want.  They would just pass me by.  

I do really enjoy watching the show but at times some of the contestants get on my nerves.  

The male models are nice to look at though.  Woman Very Happy

@J Town Girl 

One male model in particular is just "eye candy" 😍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I mute the audio when I watch TPIR.

Esteemed Contributor

The lunacy has gotten out of hand. I turn it off when it becomes too much, especially for my husband, who has dementia. If I listen to those moron-contestants too long, I'll go nuts. I know they're given instructions and encouragement beforehand but I'd like to see the powers-that-be should do a little more research on the effects of this behavior on viewers.

Trusted Contributor

I use the Mute Button a lot when watching, especially when the contestants come out or have the right bid. Also when they say hello after spinning the wheel.  Just too loud for my ears.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the interesting and honest answers!  I noticed a lot of the men scream "Let's Go!"

Also, some people chosen sway back and forth until I'm sea sick Cat Frustrated