Respected Contributor

We play along with this show.  I wonder if they tell the contestants to act goofy and scream.  It is beyond being excited to play.  I would enjoy it more if they acted normal.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I used to watch different game shows on TV.  I remember some contestants on the Price is Right when Bob Barker emceed getting excited and jumping up and down.  I am sure the audience and contestants are told to be excited and enthusiastic.  However, I too think they go over board at times.  At least it is happiness and excitement!!!!!

Honored Contributor

YES, the studio audience is instructed on how to react.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

many moons ago when I was in college my friend and I went to a taping of 10,000 Pyramid.  We were told that not every segment would air so make yourself "noticed" to increase the liklihood that you get on air and claim you winnings.  Not sure if this is true for all shows but it could explain the crazy behavior! lol

Honored Contributor

I feel sure there is a big pep talk to build the excitement, but screaming drives me nuts!  

My husband and I shake our heads a lot when the contestants say they watch the show every day, but don't seem to know how to play the game.   

Trusted Contributor

My best friend was in the audience when she visited LA(?) a few years back and said they were told to scream and go wild.  She said it was actually boring and was sorry she went.

Honored Contributor

We always watch the ending showcase round, but skip the early part of the show. Too much screaming over stuff like ping pong tables. At least the final round has valuable prizes.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I read a book of the life of Bob Barker.   It was really an interesting book and very fun to read.  In it he talked about how they pick the contestants that will appear on the show. He said the assistants are told to go through the line of people waiting to see the show and interact with them to see their personalities.   They are told to choose people who are outgoing with very bubbly personalities or else someone who has an interesting story or profession.  

I was watching one episode a few weeks ago that had a doctor as a contestant.  First off I couldn't believe that a doctor would go to a TPIR taping and then act like he did.  He said he was a doctor at LA Medical Center.  I'm sure he wouldn't lie about something like that but I sure wouldn't want him as my doctor.  He jumped up and down and whooped and hollered and acted like a fool.  I think even Drew Carey was a little surprised at how this profession man acted.  

I know I would never be chosen for the show because I am not a bubbly person and I would never be what they want.  They would just pass me by.  

I do really enjoy watching the show but at times some of the contestants get on my nerves.  

The male models are nice to look at though.  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Over the top antics of the contestants is why I stopped watching.

People making fools of themselves. 👎

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I was never a fan of game shows.  Just to silly for me.