Honored Contributor

The Preacher's Wife with Denzel, Whitney! Gregory HInes!

I just started watching this on Roku (free).

How did I never see this before?!

At least I think I never saw it. (You know how that goes).

But I'm watching Whitney sing and thinking wow that is Whitney! I haven't watched anything with her for a long time. And I love Denzel and anything he is in!

p.s. also free on Peacock-just add that channel if you have streaming channels.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: The Preacher's Wife with Denzel, Whitney! Gregory HInes!

I like that movie.  I used to listen to the soundtrack over and over.  a lot of songs on it aren't even in the movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I vaguely remember watching it years ago. I enjoyed it.

Respected Contributor

That was a good movie !

Honored Contributor

I saw this, don't hate me but I much prefer The Bishop's Wife starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven (I watched it Christmas Day). 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2,

I saw that one too and liked it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I saw this, don't hate me but I much prefer The Bishop's Wife starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven (I watched it Christmas Day). 

@Jordan2 

Me too--- I prefer the original....this story doesnt need a musical sound track....  I dont have anything against Whitney (liked her music) and Denzel's a good actor, but I just prefer the claasic movie....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I agree @Jordan2 .  I enjoy The Bishop's Wife very much. It is on our Christmas movie watch every year.  Watched Preacher's Wife when it came out. It was just ok.