Valued Contributor

I think Jamie Dorman should have been nominated for Belfast.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see this film, but I find many Oscar nominated movies to be a bore.  

Valued Contributor

I started it three times and each time fell asleep.  No interest in returning to it either.

Helen852
Valued Contributor

Did not like it at all

Frequent Contributor

I hated it.  Why all the symbolic and " secrets"?  The mountains were more interesting than the story/actors.

Frequent Contributor

The actors did their best.  But, the lead guy was over the top.  He's usually much more understated in his talent.  I found it pretentious.

Respected Contributor

I felt after watching it that there were many other ways I could have spent 2 hours. 

It had beautiful scenery (New Zeland) & great actors but  after watching wished there was some way to rinse something in my thoughts to rid myself of it. It was a good example of how child abusers try to groom their victims.

I watched several You-Tube reviews to confirm I understood what I watched . I saw a Canadian ET interview with Sam Elliot stating his thoughts on it and rather agreed.

I admit my favorite movies are usually 'feel good' ones. This one was not that for me.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was very good.  It has the vibe and sensibility of an art house film.  If you don't like those, then don't bother watching.