Honored Contributor

Re: The Pope's Exorcist movie.

@Pezzie wrote:

I will pass on this one, but DH is looking forward to it.

I told him we will ride together to the theater, he can drop me off on the way at the outlets, and he can enjoy the movie without me clutching at his arm every five minutes.  
His reply, "d*** good idea"!  Lol

@Pezzie    My late husband used to buy the PPV prize fights on cable TV.   I used to tell him, "I'm going to the mall with the charge cards."    He didn't even bother to say anything......     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

The original Exorcist was frightening for it's time.  The Nun is a current similar movie, a part of The Conjuring universe.  The Nun 2 is coming out in September.

Valued Contributor

I will watch it, because it is based on a true story. I watch interviews with other exorcists and I find them really interesting.

Demons make possessed people levitate or walk on walls ( witnessed by different people near Chicago a few years ago) only to show how powerful they are, However, demons are totally powerless against the power of God.

Padre Pio was fighting demons often. One night he heard noises while sleeping .He turned around and saw one. He said " It is just you Belzebu". He went back to sleep. 

Honored Contributor

It says "inspired by a true story". That's not the same as 'based on a true story' or 'this story is true.' I wouldn't see it, anyway because it's too noisy and too dark.
Esteemed Contributor

NYT gave it a very good review; DH and I will see it once it hits streaming.

Honored Contributor

We saw Nefarious last night and it was quite masterful. The actors were great, particularly tha an that played the demon/tormented inmate. The way he switched on a dime was bone chilling. It definitely had me sitting up straight for most of the movie.  It had a good message but it didn't hit you over the head with, just leaves people to question. I'd definitely recommend it and seeing it on the big screen is more impactful. 

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse   Thanks for the movie review.  I was hoping you would come back and do so.  Much appreciated.  It won't be for me, but I will pass it on to DH.  

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

@GenXmuse   Thanks for the movie review.  I was hoping you would come back and do so.  Much appreciated.  It won't be for me, but I will pass it on to DH.  

You're very welcome. Would love to hear his opinion on the movies as well!

Honored Contributor

It's a horror film. Supposedly, it's based on a real story but you know it'll never be factual. I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

This type of movie is a pass for me.