Honored Contributor

I am sorry to start a new post on this but I couldn't find the other ones.  

I saw on The Washington Post Newspaper where the TV show The Player is in trouble.

The Post said they have cut back on the number of episodes ordered (I think by 3 or 4).  That's the show with Wesley Snipes.

I figured something would happen.  I have a terrible record where when I watch a show it gets canceled.

It's not canceled yet but it doesn't look good and the Post said for them to cut back on the shows is a bad sign.

Honored Contributor

That's too bad, the eye candy from Strike Out is pretty good in this.............

Respected Contributor

I watched the first episode of this and just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the characters for some reason. Maybe others felt the same way and that's why it's not doing that well.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

As of now, there will be only nine episodes.  I think this show could have been good, but I guess it won't get the chance to find its feet.  The critics never liked it and being aired opposite tough competition certainly didn't help.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

As of now, there will be only nine episodes.  I think this show could have been good, but I guess it won't get the chance to find its feet.  The critics never liked it and being aired opposite tough competition certainly didn't help.

@Marsha2003 I agree they never gave this a chance and I absolutely love the main character.  Honestly, it seems like NBC wanted this doomed from the start so they could air some other show with Jennifer Lopez that is already in the wings.  I think there are only 2 more episodes left and I'm sad.  I wanted to know more about Cassandra's back story, another character I absolutely love.  Oh well.

Honored Contributor

There is an interesting article online from the LA Times that talks about this.  Networks no longer simply cancel a show. They just give it fewer episodes.  This is because viewers no longer watch in the same way as we did in years gone by.   So a show that may not have done well on one network, may do well on another, or find a home at a place like Netflix.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-no-canceled-tv-shows-20151105-story.html

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Smokey and Homegirl.  If you like him (and the guy from the TV show about the Tatoos) are partners in an amazing series that just ended.  

It's called "Strike Back".  The first episode was in 2010 and this was it's last season (I guess because both guys got this part).  It is filmed in other countries (they worked for the CIA, I think) and the guys probably wanted to film in the US.

It is a show many guys would like too.  There is a lot of action in it.  My daughter got me into it.  It's one of my "All Time Favorite Shows" and that's saying a lot because I watch a lot of TV.  Ha!

I'm sure you can get this season on "On Demand" and previous ones on Netflix, etc.

Phillip Winchester said in interviews that he REALLY loves his wife and does not want to do a lot of love scenes.  Never thought about it but in all those years in Strike Back he never messed around.  He said to his partner on the show that he'd been hurt too many times.  The other guy (his partner on the show) more than makes up for it though.  Because it's cable if you watch it be prepared, people get shot up a lot (not a lot of blood, just showing it) and plenty of lovin'.

I think I read where he went to school with his wife.  Take care.

Honored Contributor

That's too bad. I really enjoy The Player. I like the Player character and Cassandra. I really want to more about how she wound up where she is, doing what she does. It sounds like it wasn't necessarily her choice. I also want to know how she's tied to Jenny/Ginny.

Honored Contributor

And now that "Elementary" is back, there may be some competition within the time slot.  NBC could move "The Player" to a less competitve night, maybe Friday. 

Honored Contributor

I know why they SAY everything is always on the same nights, but you can't tell me other people wouldn't like to see shows when nothing else is on!

I sit on some nights and there is nothing on (Saturday nights).  It's crazy.  It's all about competition.  Yet it's as if they don't realize most people would watch a show later that week.