Honored Contributor

Wow, how much fun, it's been ages. The guy has a SCM typewriter. LOL

I watched it way back when.

Did you?

Valued Contributor

Re: The Paper Chase (old t.v.)

I watched it every week!  I remember really liking the show.  And we still have a Smith Corona manual typewriter.  But I am pretty sure the ribbon must be dry as a bone... 

Trusted Contributor

This was one of my favorites when it was originally aired. I haven't seen it on tv since that time.

Esteemed Contributor

The movie from the 1970's was the best! With Timothy Bottoms - and John Houseman as the law professor!

Respected Contributor

That series was very addictive!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The TV series and the movie were good and so was the acting in both. I  still have my Smith and Corona typewriter from the 50's and it has the case to hold it In and  is in excellent condition except for the ribbon, there isn't one. I have two Brother typewriters in cases also. I am not a hoarder but there are some things that one elects not to part with for personal reasons.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

The movie from the 1970's was the best! With Timothy Bottoms - and John Houseman as the law professor!

just saw the movie this past week.....its a great one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Wow, how much fun, it's been ages. The guy has a SCM typewriter. LOL

I watched it way back when.

Did you?

is it being shown on cable? i am not sure if i ever saw any of the series. i did watch the movie sometime this past week or so.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This is too funny.  What were Better-half and I discussing at 3 AM this morning?  My typewriters.  I have three.  I have the manual Smith Corona (in the case) that my sister gave me before I went to college as well as the fancy "script" electric model she gave me.  I bought the third one.

Not sure why.

Better-half wants to know why I have any of them.

As for The Paper Chase, I recall watching it because there was an era in which I flirted with the idea of being a lawyer.  Today, that concept has zero appeal.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~