Honored Contributor

🇺🇸 The Oval 🇺🇸

BET

Wednesday - 9:00p EST

"The Oval tells the story of an interracial family placed in the White House by people of power while also highlighting the personal side and everyday lives of the staff who run the inner workings of the nation's most iconic residence."

I just watched episode 1 on On Demand.  The pilot is also on BET's website as well as YouTube.

Lawd have mercy, the pilot was a hot mess!!!!  Talking about getting to know all the characters in one hour!  Smiley Surprised  followed by faint.gif

POTUS - Caucasian

FL - African American

Both fight like cats & dogs literally.  And I mean LITERALLY as in dragged out boxing/punching/slapping brawl.  I was expecting a ring girl to walk into the room letting you know "round 2" was up next. Smiley LOL  Both take "never go to bed angry" to a new level.

FL is Queen Bee to the 99th level.  Her relationship w/her daughter is off da chain!!!!!  Her daughter has not realized yet that "no 2 queen bees can live in the same household."  One has to be killed or move out.  Mama bee ALWAYS wins.

Butler's son's ex-wify is an ex-addict who is currently in a cult.  The kind of religious cult along the lines of Nuwaubian Nation as ex-wify was wearing a hijab.  Ex-wify has a young daughter who appears to be about 6 yrs old. Ex hubby has full custody.

Chief Of Staff wify has a supposedly 1 night stand inside the mens bathroom during a "layover."  Of course she says the famous "I don't usually do this" line.837514213.gif

Her plane outfit was this red satin négligée dress which barely covered her hips & Christian Louboutin stilettos.

Keep in mind that wify ignored this man during the flight until he sweet talked her in the VIP layover lounge.  He's married too.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸 The Oval 🇺🇸

I saw a promo for it and thought it looked pretty good. After reading what you wrote, I am not interested. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I recorded the first episode, but I'm in no hurry to watch. 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

@deeva 

You both gotta watch just for the laughs even though the series is suppose to be a "drama."   Tyler Perry must have been drunk & high when he wrote the script to think up some of the stuff that went down.

FWIW......the acting is pretty bad.  FL acting is overkill.  Not sure if it was 1st time acting jitters or what.  Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

I couldn't get passed 5 minutes.  Thought it was terrible.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Okay, so I watched this morning. What a mess, I agree, the acting was terrible.

Respected Contributor

Searched for any previous comments  about this show and found this thread after never hearing before about The Oval series.  Saw  a TV promo mentioning the start of a new season.

Went back and saw all Season 1 episodes on demand.  Pretty crazy show and not very well done, but I'll watch the new season at least until I get tired of the vicious characters and nonsensical plot and subplots shown the first season.

<<The Oval is an American prime time television soap opera created, executive produced, written, and directed by Tyler Perry, that premiered on October 23, 2019 on BET.

On April 27, 2020, BET renewed the series for a second season.>>

Super Contributor

I started watching this when it first aired because I'd seen the previews and I like Ed Quinn (the President). I watched all the episodes before they took a break ... didn't watch the new episode that just aired.

I guess Tyler Perry grew up watching soap operas and he's put them on steroids with The Oval and Sistas. I'm still sticking with Sistas ... so far, but don't know if I'll tune into The Oval any more.

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

I started watching this when it first aired because I'd seen the previews and I like Ed Quinn (the President). I watched all the episodes before they took a break ... didn't watch the new episode that just aired.

I guess Tyler Perry grew up watching soap operas and he's put them on steroids with The Oval and Sistas. I'm still sticking with Sistas ... so far, but don't know if I'll tune into The Oval any more.

@Wahoogaz   I was wondering if anyone was watching Sistas. I'm viewing and enjoying that one. Never ventured past the first episode of The Oval.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Wahoogaz wrote:

@Wahoogaz   I was wondering if anyone was watching Sistas. I'm viewing and enjoying that one. Never ventured past the first episode of The Oval.

I've enjoyed Sistas so far. Love the actors/characters, but the pace of the show is sometimes too slow for me. A day in the show should not take 3/4/5 episodes to get through. I'm guessing that last week's episode was the season finale. I'll definitely keep watching if it returns.