Respected Contributor

The Original Marilyn Munster Has Died

Beverley Owen, the actress best known for playing the original Marilyn Munster on Season 1 of the ‘60s sitcom “The Munsters,” has died. She was 81.

Her co-star Butch Patrick, who played Eddie Munster, confirmed the death on Facebook Sunday.

“Beautiful Beverly Owen has left us,” the 65-year-old wrote. “What a sweet soul. I had the biggest crush on her. RIP Bev and thanks for your 13 memorable Marilyn Munster episodes.”

Owen’s daughter, Polly Stone, told TMZ she died on Feb. 21 after battling ovarian cancer and was surrounded by friends and family at her home in Vermont. According to the celebrity news site, Owen was diagnosed with the disease in January 2017 and kept it private from the public.

Owen left “The Munsters” after 13 episodes to marry Jon Stone, the Emmy Award-winning producer and director who helped create “Sesame Street” and some of its beloved characters, including Cookie Monster, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. Owen was replaced by actress Pat Priest for the remainder of the series.

Image result for beverly owen

Image result for beverly owen

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Original Marilyn Munster Has Died

A very original funny show. I loved them.  Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

I loved the show when I was growing up. I remember getting a Herman Munster puppet for Christmas one year, geez I'm really dating myself, LOL!!

I always thought Beverly Owen was the better Marilyn and was sorry to see her leave the show.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG that was my favorite show back then and she was 81 wow has timed passed.

RIP

Honored Contributor

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never missed an episode and thought Marilyn was gorgeous. I had no idea there was more than 1 Marilyn.

Honored Contributor

I think I knew there were two Marilyns, but I could only picture the second one in my head.

Honored Contributor

I also didn't know there was an "original."  I knew only Pat Priest.  I think she's still living, as is Eddie, Butch Patrick.  The Munsters was a pretty clever show!

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

OMG that was my favorite show back then and she was 81 wow has timed passed.

RIP

@Luvitorleaveit1   How true! 

Honored Contributor

I loved that show too, just like many of you.  It always makes me feel so old when things like that happen.