Honored Contributor

This eight episode series is available now. "On this twisty series inspired by John Marrs' 2017 bestseller of the same name, the search for a soulmate is simplified by science. Or is it? Set in a near future where a DNA swab reveals the person you're meant to be with, The One follows a handful of Londoners struggling with their test results. At the center is Rebecca Webb (Hannah Ware), CEO of the genetics-based matchmaking service, who may have gotten blood on her hands while messing with people's hearts". The stories of the characters become increasingly connected, event that links them:a police investigation into the death of Rebecca's boyfriend, who previously disappeared. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Sounds like the tv series Soulmate which I enjoyed.  I may check the Netflix version out.  Thanks for the heads up.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2  Sounds like the tv series Soulmate which I enjoyed.  I may check the Netflix version out.  Thanks for the heads up.

@Mz iMac I thought that too, I watched Soulmate but this sounds more interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Have to agree.  The One was way better than Soulmates.  All I got to say, Netflix better do a second season.  Too many "cliffhangers" in the final episode.

Rebecca is a character that you love to hate.Smiley Tongue  Her wardrobe was fabulous!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I watched all 8 episodes today ( it was a beautiful day today, I should have been outside, but I digress). I thought this was really good, the only common thread it shares with Soulmate was there is only one true one for each person and is found through your DNA. This show was better, it wasn't individual stories and was more suspenseful. The ending definitely left it opened for another season. I really enjoy British shows, I don't know if it's the accents, or if the writing is that good but I really like the imports. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the rec @Jordan2

We just started watching this week at about 2 epis a night.  So I guess maybe tonight or tomorrow we'll be done.

Whoever plays Rebecca Webb reminds me so much of Courtney Cox that I keep thinking that's who it is!  (Courtney Cox of today, not the Friends years.)

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched all 8 episodes today ( it was a beautiful day today, I should have been outside, but I digress). I thought this was really good, the only common thread it shares with Soulmate was there is only one true one for each person and is found through your DNA. This show was better, it wasn't individual stories and was more suspenseful. The ending definitely left it opened for another season. I really enjoy British shows, I don't know if it's the accents, or if the writing is that good but I really like the imports. 

@Jordan2  I think we will be watching this. Always looking for something good. I also enjoy British/Australian shows. I guess it's the accent but they just seem so classy.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ @Lucky Charm if you have Amazon Prime, I highly recommend Tell Me Your Secrets, it was REALLY GOOD (there is a thread on it)!