Honored Contributor

Re: The ONLY thing I liked about "Kevin Can Wait" was

I haven't watched it.  I found him OK on KofQ, but I never cared for Leah, so that was not a draw for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they had not killed off the wife (Donna ?). I did enjoy the King of Queens, but though Leah Remini was too bold. After a while its off-putting. I thought the casting of the wife he had in the first season was a better fit. Why did they have to killer off? They might lose ratings because of it. I do like Chale (the daughter's boyfriend). He's the funniest part of the show. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care for him. The old show had its moments, but it wasn't anything I often felt compelled to see and so rarely tuned in to watch. I gave the new show one outing and decided I'd pass. With or without the cast changes, been there - done that - not going back to that particular watering hole...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I also do not like Kevin James, not funny at all IMO.....now I can watch many, many reruns of Frazier and NIles.....that whole cast were awesome...I sit here and still laugh so hard I end up in tears!!   The writers of that show and the comic timing of the actors were brilliant.

Another show I loved was Everybody loves Raymond.... again all the actors were so good with the comic timing....great writing too.....

I am still watching Frazier....still laughing even when I know just what is going to happen..

Valued Contributor

@mishka14- ITA, I love Frazier!!! I love all the characters but Niles was my favorite. He was always just so funny, especially in the earlier episodes when he was smitten with daphne. 

Trusted Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

@mishka14- ITA, I love Frazier!!! I love all the characters but Niles was my favorite. He was always just so funny, especially in the earlier episodes when he was smitten with daphne. 

Remember the one when Niles and Daphne danced the Tango?

Plus his algeries to everything...LOL!

Honored Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

I also do not like Kevin James, not funny at all IMO.....now I can watch many, many reruns of Frazier and NIles.....that whole cast were awesome...I sit here and still laugh so hard I end up in tears!!   The writers of that show and the comic timing of the actors were brilliant.

Another show I loved was Everybody loves Raymond.... again all the actors were so good with the comic timing....great writing too.....

I am still watching Frazier....still laughing even when I know just what is going to happen..

I used to love this show.  Then they turned Raymond into a complete idiot and Debra became a shrew.  Then they got so mean to each other, it didn't appeal to me anymore.  I used to think if Ray treated Debra the way she treats him, no one would think it was funny and viewers would be in an uproar.

That's how I started to feel about KOQ.  The show was good at first but then Carrie just got so so mean and abusive, I just didn't find it amusing.

Like others have said, Leah Remini actually bugs me.  That's one reason why I can't watch that whole Scientology show she is doing.  There is something I don't trust about her and something that is bothersome to me.      

Honored Contributor

The only thing I liked was I didn't waste my time watching this show.  

Valued Contributor

I actually felt the total opposite in that I didn't "feel" any chemistry between the wife and Kevin James' character. I guess it is hard not to replicate in some ways similar storylines and character mannerisms from a success like King of Queens. I was always a fan of King of Queens and still watch the reruns every night before going to bed. I just purchaed tickets to Kevin James' stand-up comedy show. I didn't even know he was on tour but saw an advertisment when I was covering a co-worker's desk at work when she was vacation. An email alert popped up that he was coming to my city. So looking forward to seeing him in person and excited to see Leah Remini come back!