Honored Contributor

The ONLY thing I liked about "Kevin Can Wait" was

the wife's character, and although I think Leah Remini is wonderful, I still won't watch it.

The character of the daughter's fiancée (husband?) is enough to make me want to stop ever watching TV again for anything except hurricane/blizzard/typhoon warnings, and that's just the beginning.

If anyone has any questions regarding what I think of this show, please feel free to ask! 😀

Honored Contributor

Re: The ONLY thing I liked about "Kevin Can Wait" was

@violann wrote:

the wife's character, and although I think Leah Remini is wonderful, I still won't watch it.

The character of the daughter's fiancée (husband?) is enough to make me want to stop ever watching TV again for anything except hurricane/blizzard/typhoon warnings, and that's just the beginning.

If anyone has any questions regarding what I think of this show, please feel free to ask! 😀

I only watched a few episodes of this show and I didn't like anything about it.  It just seemed like they were trying to do a retread of King of Queens.  I personally didn't like the wife's character at all and didn't think there was any chemistry between she and Kevin.  Again, seemed like they were trying to remake KOQ and she didn't work.

Now that they hired Leah Remini full-time, I have no doubt they are trying to revive KOQ with a different name.  Next thing you know, Arthur will be back. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with you about the wife, Violann.  Instead of eliminating her part,  maybe they should've hired better writers.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I agree with you about the wife, Violann.  Instead of eliminating her part,  maybe they should've hired better writers.

Is Kevin James one of the writers?   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I don't know.  But, seems like many of the plots were loosely based on "King of Queens" episodes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LyndaGee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I don't know.  But, seems like many of the plots were loosly based on "King of Queens" episodes. 

That's what I thought in just the couple I watched.  I think he was a writer on KOQ and I've seen his stand-up comedy and some KOQ episodes were based on his stand-up or vice versa.  Maybe he's a one note kind of guy.   

ETA:  I just looked it up.  He was a writer on KOQ and Kevin Can Wait.  He's an Executive Producer on Kevin Can Wait and he's credited with being a creator of this current show.

Valued Contributor

I personally like the show and am glad it's coming back for a second season.  I agree it's a little bit on the hokey side, but it's one show we can all watch as a family and not be totally embarrased by the plot lines.  I have 14-year old twins and am appalled by the garbage that's on TV today.

Esteemed Contributor

I know that sit-coms are not geared to an audience of people my age (70). Nevertheless, I'm still entitled to my opinion. Those sit-coms that I've watched briefly seem so dumb that I can't watch to the end. The alleged humor is based almost exclusively on the sexual innuendo of a 12-year-old boy. No wonder so many get canceled. 

Esteemed Contributor

The wife's character was awful.

She was very pretty but the whole show is off and I agree it was King of Queens they would have been better off just said 20 years later.

It would have been much better.

I could not watch the show after several episodes trying to give it a chance and watched the episodes with LR returning but it was a stretch.

The show has jumped the shark.

Valued Contributor

Personally, I just don't like the actor Kevin James. I don't think he's funny at all. He just tries to hard at being funny which makes him annoying.