Respected Contributor

The Newsroom: series finale (12/14/14)

I am sad to see the show end. I really enjoyed it. I have such a hard time resolving Jeff Daniels as the anchor on this show and then to turn around and do Dumb and Dumber movies. I guess it just speaks to his acting ability.

He does have a lovely singing voice and, if he really plays the guitar, he was quite good in last night's episode. I guess they left it so that we know that life will go on for the characters. I loved when Neal came back and accomplished what no one else could with those digital morons. LOL.

Edited to add that I would love to see Jeff Daniels in a True Detective season. I think he could rock it!

Edited to correct the title. I don't know what happens to my brain sometimes.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Newsroom: series finale (12/14/14)

I just watched all of season 3 yesterday and today. I thought the series was flawed for a number of reasons, but I loved watching Jeff Daniels and Sam Waterston act their roles. My favorite part of the whole series was the speech that Will gave at Northwestern in the premiere episode. I liked seeing the back story to the show in the series finale.

Valued Contributor

Jeff does play the guitar. In fact he used his own guitar that he bought from Martin Guitar Co. in Nazareth, Pa. I just read that in my local paper today.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm never going to get that song out of my head!

Good way to close the show. Sorry it's been cancelled.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

My grandfather had a Martin guitar that he played while he sang. My uncle has it now. That is cool. Thanks for sharing that, DJP.

I do like the song they were singing.

Super Contributor

lovely share. thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Read it wasn't cancelled, that Aaron Sorkin wanted the three seasons. I'm disappointed also. But even Homeland can't sustain the present season.

Aaron Sorkin at his worst is still better than anything on TV.

Jeff Daniels does sing and play the guitar. He does gigs at small Manhattan places.