Trusted Contributor

The actress Keke Palmer hosts the show.  She was in Akeela and the Bee and a few other movies.  She hosted GMAC 3 as previously mentioned.  She currently stars in the movie "Nope."  She appears in ad campaigns. She also writes fantasy/sci-fi.  She is as some would characterize, a multihyphenate. The previews of the show were a turn-off and I didn''t bother to watch it.

I only watch Jeopardy faithfully, some Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune,  ahd Let's Make a Deal. 

Producers don't seem to realize that they hyperactivity, noise, and excessive behaviors woll not attract coveted age groups, 15-35. For instance, Jeopardy's key audience is 60 and older.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen any of these "remakes," but can you imagine what they would do with Hollywood Squares?  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

If it's anything like the remake of Supermarket Sweep, it's  a pass for me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The New Password

[ Edited ]

I'm really old too, so that is probably why I'm going to say what I'm going to say, but everyone on those old game shows seemed so much more polite, well behaved, and well spoken than the people on today's game shows, which I can't really watch for more than a minute.

I have a channel that runs old ****** Cavitt interviews, and I always think the same thing when I watch those.  The guests seem so much more polite, and interesting than the late night shows I catch today.

Maybe it's just my age making me imagine this.  It reminds me of when I was a little girl in the fifties, and my grandfather would say that the world wasn't a nice place anymore.  He was the age I am now.  And he was talking about the FIFTIES, which when you think about it was kind of a nice era compared to others.  Didn't they call it the "Fabulous Fifties"?

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I'm really old too, so that is probably why I'm going to say what I'm going to say, but everyone on those old game shows seemed so much more polite, well behaved, and well spoken than the people on today's game shows, which I can't really watch for more than a minute.

I have a channel that runs old ****** Cavitt interviews, and I always think the same thing when I watch those.  The guests seem so much more polite, and interesting than the late night shows I catch today.

Maybe it's just my age making me imagine this.  It reminds me of when I was a little girl in the fifties, and my grandfather would say that the world wasn't a nice place anymore.  He was the age I am now.  And he was talking about the FIFTIES, which when you think about it was kind of a nice era compared to others.  Didn't they call it the "Fabulous Fifties"?

@blueroses47 , It wasn't fabulous for everyone. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Re: The New Password

[ Edited ]

The female host, Keke Palmer, is TOTALLY OBNOXIOUS.

So is Jummy Fallon.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the new show, but I have seen some of the remakes.  What is driving all the hyper screaming and yelling.  It's like these people need to be on medication to calm them down....the hosts, too.

I don't know, it seems like everyone is so uptight now days.  Wish they would show some maturity, common sense and manners.  I think that goes for society in general.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

@blueroses47 , It wasn't fabulous for everyone. 

I guess not, obviously not for my grandfather who was aging and in poor health.

It was a nice decade for me, though, as a child.  The sixties and seventies were very bad decades in my life.  It did get better.

Honored Contributor

Allen and Betty are turning over in their graves!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it last night. The contestants were very likable and the host was fun. I am late 60's and found the new format interesting. Not everything has to be like the "old days."🙂