Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I love Brosnan, especially the man in real life, and I’ve liked him better as he’s aged.

I didn’t like him as Bond. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not Bond, different character, but also “spy”….. John Krasinski was fabulous as Jack Ryan. Fell in love with him. 🥰 (Amazon Prime)

@bikerbabe 

Huh .... you're the first Brosnan fan I've seen that didn't like him as Bond.

I'm also a fan of his, going back to the Remington Steele days.  What I like about him as Bond was that he did dangerous work, but was also the most elegant spy. 

IMO, no one looked better in a tuxedo.  Heart

Pierce Brosnan as James Bond in a Brioni tux. Hello!... Is anyone looking at the suit here ...

Honored Contributor

Don't remember what Bond movie that was when Daniel Craig was fighting on top of a moving train.

Of course, he won and when he returned to inside of

train he made it a point to adjust his cuffs.

One must  always be pulled together at all times

you know. ROFL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I love Brosnan, especially the man in real life, and I’ve liked him better as he’s aged.

I didn’t like him as Bond. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not Bond, different character, but also “spy”….. John Krasinski was fabulous as Jack Ryan. Fell in love with him. 🥰 (Amazon Prime)

@bikerbabe 

Huh .... you're the first Brosnan fan I've seen that didn't like him as Bond.

I'm also a fan of his, going back to the Remington Steele days.  What I like about him as Bond was that he did dangerous work, but was also the most elegant spy. 

IMO, no one looked better in a tuxedo.  Heart

Pierce Brosnan as James Bond in a Brioni tux. Hello!... Is anyone looking at the suit here ...

@Tinkrbl44   Count me in as liking Brosnan very much, but never as Bond.  I thought he was much to "slick."  He had too many droll one-liners, but no heat or smolder.  I rolled my eyes at him too often in his Bond movies. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: The New James Bond

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
I wouldn’t mind Charlie Hunnam as Bond, but he may already be older than the 30-something they need. He’s 43.

Ooh, yeah.  I like Charlie.  I haven't seen him recently.

I am another one who liked Brosnan but not as Bond.

Honored Contributor
I think that’s it about Brosnan. I really like him but I prefer a grittier Bond who also cleans up nicely. 😉🤣

Interesting that no one has even mentioned Roger Moore. I like some of his movies. The later ones were not very good. He was too old and the scripts and villains were forgettable. And he didn’t like to get down and dirty. 🥸
Valued Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

...I thought James Norton was up for the James Bond part. 

Ohhhh, hadn't heard that, but I can certainly agree with that pick too!

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

aaron taylor johnson wears calvin klein

Aaron-Taylor-Johnson.jpg

This guy can put his slippers, under my bed anytime. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't like Pierce as Bond either. Too sissy and skinny to be a bond man.

Sean and Craig for me! 

The new guy, don't like beards at all. Hope he shaves!

Roger Moore did a movie with Carrol Baker called The Miracle, one is his first movies. She had the best voice.

One of my favorite all time movies. 

Honored Contributor

As long as he can act, I'm good.

Honored Contributor

The restrictions on any James Bond can be a little surprising.

I read that in Pierce Brosnan's Bond contract if he did any other movies, he wasn't allowed to wear a black tuxedo.

When he filmed the Thomas Crown Affair, in the nightclub dance scene with Rene Russo, he was wearing a navy blue wool tuxedo.   

Honestly, I never noticed the color.