Respected Contributor

This new series is on Amazon.  I started watching figuring this has been done so many times how good could it be.  Well, Im on episode 7 and its terrific.  Every episode is better than the last.  Its really good.

Honored Contributor

Re: The New Jack Ryan series

I wrote what I thought of this movie recently here.  

I won't repeat it, (boring).

However, I will repeat that I intensely disliked it!  Look!  They had this guy being as dumb as a person can be.  He did (in my opinion) every single thing wrong humanly possible....Ugh!

It took me all day to watch it because I'd get so frustrated at the stupid moves he made, I'd have to turn it off....then I figured it would get better (it didn't) then go back to it.

I also figured it wasn't fair to be so critical unless I watched the entire movie, which I did.

My late husband would get so frustrated at shows where the 'hero' did so many stupid things, he'd get up and leave the room.  I used to make fun of him for doing that.

So, I found it ironic when I found myself doing the same thing with this movie.

This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I almost forgot.  I do have friends who work in various aspects of law enforcement.  I do know that (like in the movie) they don't always 'talk' to each other.

However, this show takes it to a whole other level!

Honored Contributor

It’s just hard for me to see the lead as anything but Jim on the Office. 

But I’ve heard good things about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I wrote what I thought of this movie recently here.  

I won't repeat it, (boring).

However, I will repeat that I intensely disliked it!  Look!  They had this guy being as dumb as a person can be.  He did (in my opinion) every single thing wrong humanly possible....Ugh!

It took me all day to watch it because I'd get so frustrated at the stupid moves he made, I'd have to turn it off....then I figured it would get better (it didn't) then go back to it.

I also figured it wasn't fair to be so critical unless I watched the entire movie, which I did.

My late husband would get so frustrated at shows where the 'hero' did so many stupid things, he'd get up and leave the room.  I used to make fun of him for doing that.

So, I found it ironic when I found myself doing the same thing with this movie.

This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I almost forgot.  I do have friends who work in various aspects of law enforcement.  I do know that (like in the movie) they don't always 'talk' to each other.

However, this show takes it to a whole other level!

Hmm I'm a bit confused....this conversation is about the tv series not a movie.

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Yes, Jack Ryan is a series, not a movie. He is the main Tom Clancy character. We binge watched it because we couldn’t stop. It was that good and John Krasinski is the best Jack Ryan IMHO. Love these shows and cannot wait for season two! I have read Clancy for years and always wish that we really did not someone like Jack Ryan.
Valued Contributor

*****system would not let me edit: I’ve always wished we did have someone like Jack Ryan, not as I mistakenly typed above!!
Honored Contributor

We watched it last weekend and reallllly liked it.  I think John Krasinski is just great in this role.  Is it a bit far-fetched?  Sure - like any movie or series involving the military or government agency.  I still liked it and was bummed when it ended!  IMO Amazon Prime has excellent Original Series.

Respected Contributor

I was really surprised at how good it was.  Jack Ryan movies have been around for years. Some good and some really bad.  I dint have high expectations at all.. Boy was I surprised.  I loved John Krasinski and couldnt picture him in the roll, but he did it quiete well.  It was really good.

Respected Contributor

DH and I loved the series and can't wait for Season 2.  

Trusted Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:
Yes, Jack Ryan is a series, not a movie. He is the main Tom Clancy character. We binge watched it because we couldn’t stop. It was that good and John Krasinski is the best Jack Ryan IMHO. Love these shows and cannot wait for season two! I have read Clancy for years and always wish that we really did not someone like Jack Ryan.

I, too, binge-watched all the episodes this past Sunday. Loved it and can't wait for more episodes! I totally agree that John Krasinski is the best Jack Ryan to date.