Frequent Contributor

Re: The New Batman is Robert Pattinson

No. Just no.

Warner Brothers will completely alienate a huge portion of their base audience. And kiss  millions of $$$ goodbye.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't top Michael Keaton in the first of the series, with Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale and Jack Nicholson as The Joker.

Set designer Anton Furst was remarkable, as is the cinematography.  I've seen it numerous times.  I still enjoy it.  Music from Prince!

IMO🙂

Maybe this "new guy" will transform once he gets into the role, and the costume.  I don't much care for the air of ennui he's projecting in the photo.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I read that he was in talks to be Batman.  Big mistake. He'll always be typecast for his role in the Twilight series.  It'll be hard for people to believe him as Batman.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Can't top Michael Keaton in the first of the series, with Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale and Jack Nicholson as The Joker.

Set designer Anton Furst was remarkable, as is the cinematography.  I've seen it numerous times.  I still enjoy it.  Music from Prince!

IMO🙂

drop the mic.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@lmt I agree. Christian Bale was the best!! 

Honored Contributor

Michael Keaton was the best Batman IMO...the voice, his mannerisms, he was most definitely my favorite Batman. 

Pattinson...no way.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought he was perfect in the Twilight movies (I loved them, I must confess), but don't see him as batman, not that I have any idea who would make a good one.  Maybe he will surprise us.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like him as an actor, I think he'll do a great job as the new Batman. Out with the old and in with the new.

Honored Contributor

Count me as another one for that brooding Michael Keaton one, the one with the great production values.  Moody and memorable!

Respected Contributor

Not a good choice for Batman, perhaps Robin?  

Not a "man's man."  In my mind Batman has a certain charisma and charm.