Honored Contributor

The New And Last Season of Homicide Hunter

I liked last night's season opener.   That show didn't make me think Kenda was scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines.  It was interesting how there were two viable suspects who turned out not to the the killer.  

I wondered whether the "Behind the Badge" segments mentioned, i.e. more interviews with Kenda, is what our continuing to see Kenda meant, mentioned in the thread here about this season being the last.

I also loved that before the new show they ran the show with his family in it - that must be a very popular one.  

There were a couple of examples last night of what I love about Kenda and how his commentary and dry wit is what "made" his show.  When he talked about how the killer had posed the body in the cemetery in an unnatural pose, he said, "if that sounds like something really sick, that's because it is something really sick." 

And then when promo-ing next week's show, he said, "you'd think that a disgruntled husband would try divorce before poisoning his wife's shrimp cocktail"  (or some such wording).  LOL!   He's so great!  I love how he makes his points.

Frequent Contributor

Re: The New And Last Season of Homicide Hunter

My family laughs at me, but I love this show too.  Kenda is very funny and the shows are always good to keep your attention.  I was surprised as you to see this will be his final season.  Just have to caught the reruns I guess.

Gooooooo Kenda!!

Honored Contributor

Love Joe! I have his "My My My" tee shirt! Can't wait to see his new project which I think he said goes into production next year but he wasn't at liberty to discuss details.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Love Joe! I have his "My My My" tee shirt! Can't wait to see his new project which I think he said goes into production next year but he wasn't at liberty to discuss details.

@Love my grandkids   Did you see the show last night?  Afterwards he talked about "my, my, my" and why he said it --- to keep his suspects off balance.  They weren't expecting him to say something like that. 

Well, my, my, my.  As I said above, I wonder if his Behind the Badge commentary is going to be what he's doing next for I.D. (kind of like his commentary on the show but without the actual cases and reenactments.  I wonder....

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I have it on DVR and thanks to YOU, I will be watching it right now!! (smile)

Honored Contributor

An earlier episode was shown before last night's new season opener, I had never seen it for some reason, it was about Joe and his wife struggle with their jobs and family, it was a sweet episode!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

An earlier episode was shown before last night's new season opener, I had never seen it for some reason, it was about Joe and his wife struggle with their jobs and family, it was a sweet episode!

@Hooty   Yes, I mentioned this episode in my first post on this thread.  You might be interested in reading the thread I started about it after it first aired back in February:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/The-Unusual-Homicide-Hunter-Episode-on-Wed-Feb-7-Kenda-s-...

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the new episode yet, but I will also miss this show.  I will miss Carl Marino most of all.  Smiley Happy

I will make a point of finding Joe's new show.

Honored Contributor

@DeeDT wrote:

My family laughs at me, but I love this show too.  Kenda is very funny and the shows are always good to keep your attention.  I was surprised as you to see this will be his final season.  Just have to caught the reruns I guess.

Gooooooo Kenda!!

In his book he tells how he drives a school bus when he isn't working. I wonder if that's what he'll do when the shows are over. Not kidding. Can't you just see a bank robber trying to commandeer his school bus? hahaha You picked the wrong bus, buddy!

Honored Contributor

I thought last night's show was good too. Not a favorite but the "which suspect was lying"? Mother or daughter was interesting. The hour long one case format is so much better than two short cases in one show.

I loved (and laughed out loud) when Kenda said something about the killer's crazy behavior and then said he wouldn't do it "because I'm not crazy."

He is so great, always a voice of reason.