Honored Contributor

Re: The Murder of Laci Peterson on A & E

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SydneyH  The defense said there were no weights, but there was evidence of five, one for the neck, and one each for each limb, which is why only the torso rose to the top and floated to shore, gruesome.  I believe he planned it, but I also think that if Lacey hadn't been pregnant, he would not have killed her. A baby would have required support and interaction with Lacey, and on and on, he didn't want that responsibility.  I think he probably strangled her, thus no blood.  It is all so horrible to imagine.

Possibly, but there are a lot of very disturbing things about his trial coming to light now, at the very least, he, like anyone else charged with a capital offense deserves a vigorously neutral trial  Even the jury pick is sounding really shoddy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does Cali execute people anymore? I think this is getting rehashed to gear up the public to get used to the State either commuting his sentence to life in prison or letting him out for time served. I think there was a lot of pressure for the PD and prosecution to find him guilty and I do find it unusual that the judge dismissed the foreman because he wanted to have a discussion from the very beginning with the new juror that had just joined them.  One of the jurors became so angry with the foreman over that, he allegedly threatened him.  

The other jurors expressed surprise that he was not ejected but the foreman was because the judge feared a hung jury....the foreman had felt Peterson was not guilty.  The alternate juror called "strawberry shortcake" came in and in the first hour wanted to vote guilty which the foreman found objectionable as she had done none of the hard work they had done.

The foreman was gone and there were now two alternates and with the jury no longer deadlocked everyone got what they wanted. Was justice served?

Like Nancy Grace said, if you wake up to the sun shining but see puddles later, you don't have to be out in the rain to figure it out. Fair analogy? I don't think the State of California will execute Scott Peterson.  

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm watching, I believe Scott killed her but I see no evidence that it was planned in advance, I also believe the investigation was shoddy.

I watched it some as it was being investigated.

What do you think was shoddy about the investigation?  Scott became a suspect really quickly.  At first, didn't they look at it as maybe a kidnapping?  But a husband will always be suspect #1, with very good reason!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

It had to be premeditated to some degree because he poured the concrete weights. 

I don't know about the death penalty - but he will never get out. 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I watched it some as it was being investigated.

What do you think was shoddy about the investigation?  Scott became a suspect really quickly.  At first, didn't they look at it as maybe a kidnapping?  But a husband will always be suspect #1, with very good reason!

Hyacinth

I have a huge problem with them never following up on the burglary that occurred close by and the lack of follow up with the multiple witnessess claiming they saw Lacy walking their dog during a time period that authorities are insisting she was dead.  There are also some challenges with their insistence that Scott was fleeing the night they arrested him, several days prior, Scott with his newly blonde hair met with an investigator.  I could go on, but I believe that as many avenues should have been pursued in a capital case.

Respected Contributor

When Amber Frey became known the police felt they had no reason to pursue other avenues.  Amber stated that Scott told her his wife already passed away when she had met him. The recordings she made for the police while speaking to Scott on the phone also sealed his fate. It's not enough for Scott's attorney to arrogantly say I admit he's a cad but there's no proof that he murdered his wife when the lies he spun to Amber went way beyond ya, he's a cad, imo. 

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

When Amber Frey became known the police felt they had no reason to pursue other avenues.  Amber stated that Scott told her his wife already passed away when she had met him. The recordings she made for the police while speaking to Scott on the phone also sealed his fate. It's not enough for Scott's attorney to arrogantly say I admit he's a cad but there's no proof that he murdered his wife when the lies he spun to Amber went way beyond ya, he's a cad, imo. 

Oddly, Amber only for me confirms he was a cheater, possibly a serial one.  I didn't find her hand wringing about 'knowing' he was a killer that credible.  The way I see it he either knew she was dead or had it arranged and let that card slip, there was no confession in those recordings, or at least the ones I remember. 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Oddly, Amber only for me confirms he was a cheater, possibly a serial one.  I didn't find her hand wringing about 'knowing' he was a killer that credible.  The way I see it he either knew she was dead or had it arranged and let that card slip, there was no confession in those recordings, or at least the ones I remember. 

@SydneyH  On December 9, he told Amber that he lost his wife and this would be the first holidays without her, i.e., premeditation.  He knew then he was going to kill Lacey and Connor, and I consider this to be a confession of murder, though yet to occur.

Honored Contributor

I watched the ABC TV movie Thursday night.  It was primarily a documentary with real interviews.  I posted two replies on another thread in Community Chat.  The thread regarding the latest murder (by her boyfriend) of his girlfriend and her unborn baby.  RIP, both mothers and their unborn babies.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SydneyH  On December 9, he told Amber that he lost his wife and this would be the first holidays without her, i.e., premeditation.  He knew then he was going to kill Lacey and Connor, and I consider this to be a confession of murder, though yet to occur.

Point taken, but we also now know the prosecution has no definitive idea as to when she was killed, this also makes whatever he said to his mistress, whether he was aware of being recorded or not, kinda sketchy.