Honored Contributor

Re: The Murder of Laci Peterson On A&E

@songbird wrote:

Beware of this TV version.  It's been fashionable to revisit infamous cases from O.J. on and imply that they may be (dare I say it?) innocent.  This is one of them.  Lacie's family refused to cooperate with this show. The didn't like the slant of the show.  This show is no different then the others.  Peterson has a web site proclaiming his innocence.  I think this show will help his cause.

@songbird  You are right about that website.  And you are also right that these "new" shows tend to try to slant doubt in the direction of the murderer-whether they were convicted or not.

I feel so sorry for Lacie's family; what a rude and ignorant thing to do.  Shame on ****** Wolf.  I guess the demise of all his L&O shows are hurting his pockets.  I realize SVU is still on but that's just a big ol' *yawn* that past few years.

Not to mention ****** Wolf has always slanted to one side on issues in show topics so this will be no different.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Beware of this TV version.  It's been fashionable to revisit infamous cases from O.J. on and imply that they may be (dare I say it?) innocent.  This is one of them.  Lacie's family refused to cooperate with this show. The didn't like the slant of the show.  This show is no different then the others.  Peterson has a web site proclaiming his innocence.  I think this show will help his cause.

I will reserve judgment about the show until I see it for myself.  

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter what anybody decides after viewing this show.

It would always be up to the DA if "new" evidence is out there to find it and use it against Scott's appeal for his conviction and/or his death sentence handed down  OR for his defense to do the same to have a new trial.

People can watch whatever they want but I will always find these shows to be inconsiderate of the victims and their survivors; it is sensationalism and nothing more.

jmoymmv

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird  You are right about that website.  And you are also right that these "new" shows tend to try to slant doubt in the direction of the murderer-whether they were convicted or not.

I feel so sorry for Lacie's family; what a rude and ignorant thing to do.  Shame on ****** Wolf.  I guess the demise of all his L&O shows are hurting his pockets.  I realize SVU is still on but that's just a big ol' *yawn* that past few years.

Not to mention ****** Wolf has always slanted to one side on issues in show topics so this will be no different.

There has been a furry of these shows.  Starting the "Making of a Murder" kind of implies WE did something and pinned it on him.  That guy had a low life & his addled brained assistance got out.  But the killer stayed behind bars. 

Next up is "Ta da"  Drew Peterson.  We'll visit the former dirty cop living off his pension and doing "away" with various wives.  Hey, he got crooks off the street and took bribes....but life is short.  You should enjoy yourself why you can.  Sadly he got picked up thrown behind bars.  That show will showcase his suffering.

Honored Contributor

It's hard for me to believe Richard Wolf's pocketbooks are hurting any when, after 20 years of L&O and its spinoffs, I have no doubt he has more money than he can ever spend in his lifetime.  I'm sure his bank accounts are quite flush.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

It's hard for me to believe Richard Wolf's pocketbooks are hurting any when, after 20 years of L&O and its spinoffs, I have no doubt he has more money than he can ever spend in his lifetime.  I'm sure his bank accounts are quite flush.

@Pearlee  It was sarcasm. 

Valued Contributor

I don't mind watching this kind of shows,but I already know most of stories.Don't forget the shows are sold all over the world, where they never heard of Peterson,Menendez etc.

While I was in Italy last month I saw tons of American programs.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  It was sarcasm. 

@Cakers3 Yeah - I was quite aware of that.

Esteemed Contributor

I am torn as to whether I will watch this or not. I was glued to the set when it made headlines and watching the news coverage. It just makes me so so sad. I remember how they kept showing her smile. She seemed like such a happy person and full of life and was so looking forward to her baby. Then her SCUMBAG of a husband to snuff out that life and the baby. How cruel and cold you have to be do that to someone you had a "loving relationship" with.  

I don't understand.Just leave if you do not want to be with someone anymore.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird  With all of the evidence proving Peterson did kill, the only way it could help him is those watching who no nothing about the case.