Trusted Contributor

Re: The Murder of Laci Peterson On A&E

I answered on another thread earlier today.  I would like to move past watching these horrible re-living and re-enactments of these horrific murders, one and all, Scott, Drew, the Menendez Brothers (new series starting on NBC), OJ, Son of Sam (now on CBS News), the Unibomber - all of them.  People are so fascinated with the lowest of the low human behavior.

In addition, I am ready to move on and stop reading everywhere and seeing everywhere Princess Diana - she has apparently moved into sainthood and I'm just not following along there. She did charity work and tried to make the best of her horrible situation, wasn't acting like a saint in the middle or the end.   By the way the USA is not the  UK and all of the media is overrun daily with coverage of the royal family - their feelings now and then, pictorial histories of their lives and events, what they are eating, doing, etc.  Anymore, a little of that goes a long way.

Trusted Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I answered on another thread earlier today.  I would like to move past watching these horrible re-living and re-enactments of these horrific murders, one and all, Scott, Drew, the Menendez Brothers (new series starting on NBC), OJ, Son of Sam (now on CBS News), the Unibomber - all of them.  People are so fascinated with the lowest of the low human behavior.

In addition, I am ready to move on and stop reading everywhere and seeing everywhere Princess Diana - she has apparently moved into sainthood and I'm just not following along there. She did charity work and tried to make the best of her horrible situation, wasn't acting like a saint in the middle or the end.   By the way the USA is not the  UK and all of the media is overrun daily with coverage of the royal family - their feelings now and then, pictorial histories of their lives and events, what they are eating, doing, etc.  Anymore, a little of that goes a long way.

@aggravated

I could not agree more.  I lived through this awful events.  I do not have a need to relive them.

Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I watched the show about Diana last night.  I will be the first to admit that I watch mostly because she was so attractive and I want to see all her clothes, hats, and hairstyles.  I think if she were "homely" looking, there would not be nearly this much attention paid to her, 20 years later.  Right or wrong, I think she reached her celebrity status due to her looks.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

A & E decides to take a fresh look? Wow, can't get any more disgusting than that. I really feel for Laci's family. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I want to hear out of Scott Peterson's mouth is "I'm sorry for all the hurt and pain I caused for what I did to Laci and Conor.  Especially I am sorry for Laci's family".

Man up, loser.

Same for Menendez brothers-money was your motive.  Man up.

OJ- couldn't man up if the good Lord himself said to do so.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I don't get it.  If you decide you no longer want to be with someone, why not just walk out?  Is planning and executing a murder, covering it up, hoping you don't get caught, and then going to jail so much easier?

@Puppy Lips  He didn't want to pay child support for the next 18 yrs. and probably alimony too to Laci. He didn't really want to setlle down and have a family but rather wanted the single life (e.g. Amber Frey).

The most disgusting thing next to the murder itself was that during the vigil for Laci, he was on his cell phone in the back yard talking to Amber F.   Scumbag!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  I doubt we'll ever know how he killed Laci, but just the thought of what must have been going on in her mind as he did so, causes the bile to rise in my throat. I have mixed feelings on the death penalty, but believe I could have voted in favor of it with this case.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I don't get it.  If you decide you no longer want to be with someone, why not just walk out?  Is planning and executing a murder, covering it up, hoping you don't get caught, and then going to jail so much easier?

@Puppy Lips  Peterson didn't want the responsibility of supporting a child.

Honored Contributor

Beware of this TV version.  It's been fashionable to revisit infamous cases from O.J. on and imply that they may be (dare I say it?) innocent.  This is one of them.  Lacie's family refused to cooperate with this show. The didn't like the slant of the show.  This show is no different then the others.  Peterson has a web site proclaiming his innocence.  I think this show will help his cause.

Honored Contributor

I'm not interested in re-hashing these horrible murder cases.  If it's anything like some of the others, the facts seemed to have changed for a new TV audience.