Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Oh, I just loved the show last night.  It was by far my favorite of them, although I may like the Golden Age one next week as much or better.

I'd forgotten about all those Jerry Lewis films in the '60s (all of which I saw of course).  

Loved what was said about Sean Connery - my mother had a crush on him!  For me, he's the only James Bond, a perfect one.  The whole show was so interesting, and the films were well chosen to highlight.  I'm definitely going to watch a repeat of it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2   Oh, I just loved the show last night.  It was by far my favorite of them, although I may like the Golden Age one next week as much or better.

I'd forgotten about all those Jerry Lewis films in the '60s (all of which I saw of course).  

Loved what was said about Sean Connery - my mother had a crush on him!  For me, he's the only James Bond, a perfect one.  The whole show was so interesting, and the films were well chosen to highlight.  I'm definitely going to watch a repeat of it.

@Pearlee I am sorry there is only one episode left, I have enjoyed each one. I have always loved The Apartment, it was one of my brother's favorite movies ( he died 8 years ago much too young). The movie makes me happy and sad at the same time. I love Planet Of The Apes, the ending was surprising, you never saw it coming!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I'm so sorry about your brother.  The first couple times I saw The Apartment (can't remember now how old I was - a very long time ago) I didn't like it but I've always really liked it on subsequent viewings.  

Can you believe I never saw Planet of the Apes?  And...I didn't know the ending, until the spoiler they showed last night!  Really!  Somehow I was never interested in seeing it, and in all these years, nobody else had spoiled the ending for me. 

I love this series!  Although I do wonder about a few of the commentors, esp. the younger ones commenting on films from the 1960s.  Always like Steven S.'s input though.  And it was interesting about Ron Howard taking notes on directing for the first time, from The Graduate.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2   I'm so sorry about your brother.  The first couple times I saw The Apartment (can't remember now how old I was - a very long time ago) I didn't like it but I've always really liked it on subsequent viewings.  

Can you believe I never saw Planet of the Apes?  And...I didn't know the ending, until the spoiler they showed last night!  Really!  Somehow I was never interested in seeing it, and in all these years, nobody else had spoiled the ending for me. 

I love this series!  Although I do wonder about a few of the commentors, esp. the younger ones commenting on films from the 1960s.  Always like Steven S.'s input though.  And it was interesting about Ron Howard taking notes on directing for the first time, from The Graduate.

@Pearlee thank you for your condolences. Planet Of The Apes is still worth watching even if you know the ending. There is another scene I love with Charlton Heston where he utters an iconic line. I also love Breakfast At Tiffany's (which I failed to mention), I love Audrey Hepburn and love the movie even though Mickey Rooney was miscast as her Japanese landlord.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I'm upset I didn't see the whole show and will have to try to find a repeat of it.  I was out of town over the weekend and expected to be back in time to see the midnight repeat of the show (I knew I'd miss the 9:00 pm ET airing).   However, I didn't get home until 1:00 a.m. and started watching at 1:09 pm and saw about half an hour of the show (comments about right after WW II) but then fell asleep.  I definitely want to see the entire two hours, esp. since I've seen the entire rest of the series.   Hopefully it'll repeat soon.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   @Jordan2   According to my DVR Episodes 1 (80s) and 2 (90s) are being shown on Sunday Sept 1st. Episodes 3 (2000s) is being shown on Monday Sept 2nd. The schedule only shows for two weeks in advance but it's a safe bet that Episodes 4 thru 6 will also be shown during that week. HTHs.

I taped all episodes as suggested by @ and will watch them in order. I have been reading and enjoying the thread.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique   Thank you - I'll look out for it.  I'll also rewatch some of the shows I saw. It's a great series.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'd enjoy some epsiodes about the silent film era.

Respected Contributor

Glad it's being repeated.  I definitely misssed part of the '80s episode.  Didn't see Meryl or Eddie Murphy or Tom Cruise.  They were mentioned in the promo.