Super Contributor

I saw Kedi today and I loved it.  It is actually a beautifully made documentary about the lives of the many street cats that live independently in Istanbul and are looked after by an assortment of people around the city. 

I am very much an animal lover who never, ever, goes to see an animal movie because they always show something sad, but it was recommended to me by a friend, and I carefully checked before I went.  For you soft hearted cat lovers out there (like me), I can assure you that (apart from one gentle two-minute segment where a sick kitten is taken to a vet) this is a feel-good movie about beautiful animals and some very kind and caring people.  I had never heard that any city in the world had such a wonderful attitude towards its stray animals and I came away with very warm feelings towards the good people of Istanbul.

This is one of those good movies that don't seem to last too long in the cinemas so I would definitely recommend checking to see if it is showing in your area and, if you can, seeing this movie.

I will post this on the Pet Lovers forum as well.

Best wishes to all.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the recommendation.  I love cats and have always had one or two in my life.  The movie does sound wonderful.  I have never heard of this movie, but I will have to check around and see if it has made it to my area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to recommend it.  That was really nice of you.

Super Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

Thank you for the recommendation.  I love cats and have always had one or two in my life.  The movie does sound wonderful.  I have never heard of this movie, but I will have to check around and see if it has made it to my area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to recommend it.  That was really nice of you.

hellodali:  You are very welcome.  As I mentioned in my post, I am very wary of animal movies but this one is very different and I really didn't want it to end.  It is showing here in one of this cinemas that show obscure movies so you may have to search for it - but do go if you can.  The cats are just beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Fona.  I too am an animal lover so I like to see movies about animals presented in a happy humane way.  I will have to check this one out!  

Regular Contributor

Thanks for this review @Fona!❤️

We love animals!  I think we would enjoy this movie. 

You said you'll post this in Pet Lovers board as well ---

the new boards don't allow duplicate threads on different boards, they call it "cross posting" & the Mods will deleted duplicates. 

Im glad you put it here tho! I'm going to google it to read about it ---- thanks again!

😺🐶🐈🐕

Trusted Contributor

@minnietwinnie  I love your avatar!  Cute kitty cat!  

Regular Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@minnietwinnie  I love your avatar!  Cute kitty cat!  

@sophiesofers❤️ thanks! It looks like one of ours. We love our kitties! 

Super Contributor

@minnietwinnie wrote:

Thanks for this review @Fona!❤️

We love animals!  I think we would enjoy this movie. 

You said you'll post this in Pet Lovers board as well ---

the new boards don't allow duplicate threads on different boards, they call it "cross posting" & the Mods will deleted duplicates. 

Im glad you put it here tho! I'm going to google it to read about it ---- thanks again!

😺🐶🐈🐕

minnietwinnie:  I had never heard that the Mods didn't allow cross posting.  I did post on Pet Lovers last night and it definitely showed up, but you are quite correct in that it was gone this morning.  That is a shame, because I am sure a lot of pet lovers would really enjoy this lovely movie, but I guess we can't argue with the Mods.

Anyway, I hope you do go to see Kedi - I found it very engrossing and the cats were all beautiful.

PS:  I love your avatar, too.