Honored Contributor

I really like this (timely) film, with Amy Adams and Matthew Goode and Adam Scott.  The first time I saw it I thought I didn't so much -I thought a lot of it was stupid and I had trouble understanding Englishman Matthew Goodie who was speaking like and Irishman which he was playing.  I think he may have needed a few more lessons with the language coach (I read he had one) to make his Irish accent understandable.  However, it was on cable and I ended up watching i several more times and once I wasn't straining to understand the dialogue, I really liked it.  It's quite romantic and I really like the ultimate message of the film which deals with materialism vs. what is really important.  

I own this film and plan to watch it again - you guessed it - on Feb. 29th. If it's playing again on HBO - which it usually does at this time of year - I'll tune in then also.

Respected Contributor

I liked that movie, too, Pearley.  The scenery was beautiful. I thought it deserved better reviews.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Movie Leap Year

[ Edited ]

@LyndaGee wrote:

I liked that movie, too, Pearley.  The scenery was beautiful. I thought it deserved better reviews.

@LyndaGee  Oh yes yes yss!  The scenery is gorgeous and it made me want to go to Dublin!  How could I have forgotten to mention that?

I have even heard Goode trash the movie.  He said it was awful and he  did it to get a free trip to Ireland so he could visit with family in England.

I love the scene where they are eating dinner with the bed-and-breakfast couple and the couple from Italy and Goode is forced into kissing Adams, later followed by the scene with "Dream A Little Dream Of Me."   Oh, I loved the music too throughout, including the scene with Only Love Can Break A Heart where Goode thinks she got on the bus.  Oooh - I want to see this again!

Respected Contributor

I want to see it again, too !  Matthew sure is handsome .  Didn't know he felt that way about the movie (sigh).

Honored Contributor

I loved that movie. One of the few dvd's I own. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Bummer - I looked at TV Guilde online and there are "no airings within the next 14 days" of Leap Year!  That's a bummer considering a real Leap Year occurs next week!

I also looked on HBO to confirm.  Boy, someone sure dropped the ball when they decided not to air this film this month!