Honored Contributor

I got a free year of Apple TV with the iPad I bought recently. 

I'm watching The Morning Show with Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston.  I'm really enjoying it so far. It's nice to see Jennifer Anniston in a dramatic role. She and Reese are very good. 

Anyone else watching this?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: The Morning Show-Apple TV

I would love to be able to watch it.  I wish it was on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm watching The Morning Show with Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston.  I'm really enjoying it so far. It's nice to see Jennifer Anniston in a dramatic role. She and Reese are very good. 

@gidgetgh I also bought an iPad and got Apple TV for free. I haven't had a chance to watch anything yet.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh I also bought an iPad and got Apple TV for free. I haven't had a chance to watch anything yet.

@Jordan2 The Morning Show is the only show I've tried so far.  It's really nice to see Jennifer Anniston play a role that's not her usual.  Gives me new respect for her as an actress.  As I mentioned before, she is really very good, as is Reese.  And also Billy Crudip.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I have a free year and this is the only show that interested me ,I agree this is the best role that jennifer has had in years , the cast is excellent and it is well written , but for some reason i don't love it . Maybe that will change , but right now it is just okay. For me if i can't wait for the next episode or even watch 2 in a row that is my gauge for me.

Trusted Contributor

I just started watching this show yesterday. I am enjoying it so far. It is a good story.

I have a question for those who are watching, does Reese Witherpoons character have a southern accent one minute then gone the next minute? Is that supposed to be part of the show?

I am only up to episode 3.  

Honored Contributor

I LOVED The Morning Show! I have since watched Servant, See, Dickenson, and am 5 episodes into For All Mankind ( a cool concept, the Russians beat use to the moon). After I finish this I'll watch Truth Be Told.

Esteemed Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I just started watching this show yesterday. I am enjoying it so far. It is a good story.

I have a question for those who are watching, does Reese Witherpoons character have a southern accent one minute then gone the next minute? Is that supposed to be part of the show?

I am only up to episode 3.  

Hi @lenapecci I just started watching The Morning Show last week.  So far, I've streamed the first 8 episodes.  I agree with you about Reese's accent.  It does seem more obvious in some scenes compared to others.  Overall, I like the show but not sure how I feel about Reese's character.  I've never been much of a Jennifer A. fan, but I do like her in this show.  

On a side note, I read on Good Housekeeping's website that the show is expected to return in November 2020 for season 2.  That seems like a long time to wait!

Respected Contributor

You can get apple tv for a week trial.  I did that in order to try out and watched morning show.  There is not enough other stuff offered so I cancelled prior to end of trial.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I LOVED The Morning Show! I have since watched Servant, See, Dickenson, and am 5 episodes into For All Mankind ( a cool concept, the Russians beat use to the moon). After I finish this I'll watch Truth Be Told.

Thanks for those recommendations @Jordan2 I'm still using my free preview week and wondering if it's worth the monthly/yearly subscription fee.  So far, The Morning Show is the only show I've watched on Apple TV +.  I'll check these out.