Honored Contributor

The Missing. Good mystery, suspense series

[ Edited ]

I binged watched seven episodes of a series I stumbled upon  on Amazon Prime. It's called The Missing. It's mystery, suspense and has similarities to the case of Madeleine  McCann though the characters, setting and story are fiction. I went to IMBD to rate the series and discovered I'm not alone. The series has a rating of 8 on IMBD. There's a second season available that I'm planning to watch. I still have Episode 8, the final episode, to watch from season 1. The Missing was originally on Starz in 2014, so if you get Starz it might show up there.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Missing. Good mystery, suspense series

It's a great series! There is a more recent series based of the main character called Baptiste that but I haven't watched it yet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love mysteries. Thanks for the recommendations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wasn't The Missing about a little boy who disappeared? ... and the people looking for him kept finding clues he left behind which were numbered. The numbered clues were given by the boy's grandfather who was the boy's favorite in his family.

ETA- I'm thinking of another series, The Disappearance, starring Peter Coyote as the grandfather. That series is a good one, too!

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to plead my lack of technology.  I am an Amazon prime member so is there a way to watch this without any charge?  I looked up other things and they said something about free with your Starz membership.  I don't have Starz.  Does that mean I would have to pay to watch?  I have Spectrum cable now but do not have Starz, HBO, or any of those other added on features.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

I've watched both seasons of The Missing and Baptiste as well, and they are all very good.  I read that a second season of Baptiste is currently filming.

@wismiss - we did not have a smart tv, so DH purchased a small Roku box at an electronics store and connected it to our tv, so that we were able to get Netflix and Amazon Prime, once we subscribed.