Honored Contributor

This is a 1996 film that is very funny and has a stellar cast:  Barbra Streisand (also director), Jeff Bridges at his hunkiest (be still my heart),  George Segal, Lauren Bacall who is terrific in this as Barbara's glamorous mother, Mimi Rogers as Barbra's sister, and Pierce Brosnan.  Elle MacPherson has a cameo that is quite funny.

The reason I bring this up is that Brenda Vaccaro is also in it as Barbra's good friend.  In another thread in this forum, I was discussing with @Oznell  Vaccaro's weight gain during her career from when she was in an episode of The Fugitive, 30 yrs before this film was made.  Oznell, I recommend this film so you can see what I was writing about on the other thread.  Also this is a really cute film so it is worth the two-hour investment of time. In fact, it's worth that just to see Bacall's great performance (I think she may have gotten an Oscar nomination for it).  In fact, there are a few food comments Vaccaro makes in this film alluding to her weight.

Regular Contributor

Re: The Mirror Has Two Faces

Is this coming on soon?? I love this movie!!

Honored Contributor

@KrissyE wrote:

Is this coming on soon?? I love this movie!!

@KrissyE  Not that I know of.  I hope @Oznell  will find a way to watch it (rent it, Netflix, whatever).  I love this movie too!  I don't even know many who have seen it.

Honored Contributor

I remember Brenda Vaccaro in Midnight Cowboy, one of my favorite movies.  She was slim and very pretty.  She appeared in an episode of the Golden Girls which I saw in reruns and she had gained weight. I always liked Vaccaro, she was a Brooklyn girl!

This movie sounds like a good one, great cast!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw    She had gained weight by the time she was in some Murder She Wrote episodes, around late 80s I guess.  I had forgotten she was in Midnight Cowboy.  

The Fugitive oznell and I were discussing was from 1963 and she was very young and thin and I don't think I would have recognized her were it not for the credits and oznell mentioning who it was.

I'm not casting negativity on her weight gain by any means; my weight has fluctuated my whole life.  

Honored Contributor

Brenda is pretty inside and out no matter what weight she is.  I wish people would stop judging her according to her weight (shallow).  However, this movie is excellent and I love to see Barbra's transformation and when she dumped Pierce. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. Nobody is judging her. Just pointing out a fact to @Oznell from a different thread discussion. Where do you see judging? A fact is a fact and you weren't in on the prior discussion. No judging, just making an observation that is not positive nor negative.
Esteemed Contributor

I love this movie; it's one of the few I have on DVD but I still will watch it if I run across it on TV (which seems to be seldom).  

Valued Contributor

Brenda and Michael Douglas dated for several years.

I always liked her.

Didn't she pass away a few years ago?

Respected Contributor

I love this movie and have seen it several times!!