Honored Contributor

This is a film starring George Clooney ( he also directed), Felicity Jones, David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demian Bichir, Tiffany Boone, and Caoilinn Springall. "In the aftermath of a global catastrophe, a lone scientist in the Artic races to contact a crew of astronauts with a warning not to return to Earth". It was a little slow moving at times, but I did like it. I guessed something half way through, and guessed the kind of twist ending.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Midnight Sky On Netflix

I couldn't get past the first ten minutes.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Jordan2. That was on my watchlist and now I know if I want to watch it. You are always spot on.

Honored Contributor

Just yestarday my 21 yr old GS told me not to waste my time.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Watched today - left me hanging a bit. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

On a scale of 1--10, I would give it a 5.5.  Slow at times, and the characters weren't really developed imo.  Good enough to watch, but I would have hated to have paid to have seen it in a theater.

Honored Contributor

I fell asleep after he fell through the ice in his regular clothes,  lost his medical equipment, and then all of a sudden he's wearing his jacket and trying to warm up.

A plunge into arctic waters would have been instant death.

I thought the premise of the movie was interesting but it became unrealistic.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

It's funny how we all have different tastes and opinions which is great. I can love a movie or hate it, someone else can have the complete opposite opinion as I do.

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me. We're living through a "global catastrophe".  I don't want to watch fake one. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Spoiler

I was excited to see this, but found it disappointing!  I thought a lot of it was just wasted film space and quite a lot was very slow and not meaningful.  I also believed the little girl was real.  Not really worth watching in my opinion.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin