Honored Contributor

@felixmom wrote:

Love this show. Will miss all the characters, but Sue Sue Heck is my favorite. I wonder if she and Sean will finally get together? 

@felixmom, I really hope Sue and Sean end up together. She is such a good soul, if anyone deserves happiness, it's Sue

Esteemed Contributor

I think our family has seen every episode. We never miss it.

They are a crazy family. Lawn chairs at the kitchen table. Last week Frankie was eating chips for dinner. Love Mike too. He is my favorite. 

Love when Frankie worked at the car dealership. Her former boss was just on last week's episode. The guy that plays the boss is great.

Our favorite episode was when Frankie was jealous that her friend was on Wheel of Fortune and she felt no one appreciated her and she took off to her mom's place. That was also the same show when she found the doritos bag of crumbs on the sofa and ate the rest not realizing Axle had clipped his toe nails into it. Disgusting and funny.

Also, a good one was when Frankie stayed up all night to watch the royal wedding.

Hoping they will talk about the upcoming one. Who knows?

Honored Contributor

I think my favorite episode was when they forgot it was trash day. And they are running around trying to get the trash together before the trash truck comes. And Brick is hit with a beer bottle. 

Yes, I am going to miss that show. Sorry I missed Tuesday's show. I don't know when it is on - I only watched it on the Hallmark Channel. I will see it eventually. I am a few years behind you.

Honored Contributor

I suppose every great show eventually comes to the end.....so many  great shows  that over the years I still miss.  Reruns are fine, but just not the same.  The Middle was great! 

Respected Contributor

I'm late to discovering this show, too.  Nice, because I haven't seen each episode numerous times, like my other favorites. 

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla

Yes, that was a good episode. So funny!

Tune in Tuesday nights on ABC @ 8:00.

Super Contributor

It is such a refreshing family show. They are lower middle class, imperfect, squabbling and loving. Viewers feel better after watching. What a concept. I'm going to miss it.

Trusted Contributor

I, too, will miss The Middle.

The writers of this show have always made their viewpoint known in a subtle and thought provoking way, and not once in nine seasons have they ever been offensive or insensitive.

The Hecks are champions of everyday people. My favorite is Mike, the strong but mostly silent man. The episode where he rescued Sue from an out of control frat-type party is one of the best. I have a soft spot for Brick too. I love the little "tic" he has for repeating certain words and his weird relationship with Cindy. 

I still find it sad that ABC/Disney chose to cancel this show and the other highest rated comedy for the network because they didn't approve of the message.

dee

Honored Contributor

The man with few words in the flannel shirt did GREAT!

Trusted Contributor

I will miss the Middle...it's like when you had a favorite Soap...and the characters became almost like family to you.  And then the Soap ends...and it hurts!

One of my favorite episodes was the Simple Christmas.  Frankie wanted to have a "simple Christmas" and keep things low-key.  Her parents nixed that idea!  I loved her parents on the show, too.  I actually love all of the characters, they are all unique yet they compliment each other so well.

I tease my husband that he's like Mike on the Middle (my husband is named Mike, too).  A man of "few words"...private, doesn't have many friends.  But has a kind heart! 

Thanks for the memories to everyone (writers and actors) on the Middle!  I shall truly miss you!