Respected Contributor
On 2/16/2015 colliegirls said:
On 2/16/2015 smokymtngal said:

colliegirls, I think he is not a fan of the romantic turn the show took. And I think that only happened because the fans clamored for it. So he feels that he doesn't have the control over the show's stories that he once had. It's definitely not the show it once was. The mystery of the week has taken a back seat to the personal relationship between Jane and Lisbon. I preferred it before the romance angle, but I know I'm in the minority. I've heard both of them say they aren't that comfortable with the romantic scenes, but they've been overruled because the fans apparently want it badly (I get that from reading some of the other forums out there).

He did not say nor imply that. He said that he felt stuck in this drama or something along those lines.

I think their romance is minor in the story line, I like the way it is handled, not obvious like Castle, for instance.

I didn't see the interview that you referenced so can't comment on what he said there. I've read other statements that he's made. It is interesting that you think their romance is a minor story line. As most fans requested, this last (abbreviated) season has been totally focused on bringing the Lisbon/Jane relationship to a happy ending.

Trusted Contributor

He's a talented and still young actor. Every show he has been in has been interesting and different. I think he will still be doing other shows or movies and its time that all good things come to an end in the television world. Its like ""Flashpoint"". The producers said they wanted to end the show on a high note or when the show was still popular and thriving rather than when it was failing in ratings and flailing. I think the Mentalist is in that same situation.

Esteemed Contributor

OH NO! The Duke game is going to be shown instead of the second hour of the finale of The Mentalist tonight. Good grief!

Esteemed Contributor

Good show, I LOVE happy endings!!

Honored Contributor

What a sweet ending. I've read that neither Simon Baker nor Robin Tunney wanted it to end that way, but I'm so glad it did. It was a surprise to see Wayne and Grace at the wedding and I'm happy they did that too. I will miss the show.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Frequent Contributor

I thought that there was no chemistry between Jayne and Lisbon. I guess I liked the ending but it would have been better if the two of them had been on board. I love Simon Baker! He is a dazzling and handsome man. His smile is like rockets!! There would have been chemistry with me, by golly! LOL{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The Mentalist was such a charming, fun, keeping one on their toes, it had good chemistry, nice people of all persuasion believer or non believer, just getting along trying to maintain civility in their world so all could live in harmony.

I feel the same way about various CSI shows, as well as Person of Interest, I like Criminal minds & Stalker cast, but the subject matter as well as Stalker is too topics is too dark and it is sad those things do exist once upon a time is was rarity...

My warm and fuzzy shows are Hawaii 5-0, and Blood Bloods

the sitcoms are in the toilet too much..

Frequent Contributor
The older I get the more I like happy endings!
Honored Contributor

I always thought the two of them were a terrible mis-match and that she was a really bad actor. That's why I quit watching. I love the guys on the show, but she was just droopy and sad. And those awful pants she always wears. . .

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2015 Sooner said:

I always thought the two of them were a terrible mis-match and that she was a really bad actor. That's why I quit watching. I love the guys on the show, but she was just droopy and sad. And those awful pants she always wears. . .

I love Simon Baker but never felt any chemistry between the 2 of them.

Having her announce she was pregnant seemed strange to me. Why wait until after they married to tell him?