Honored Contributor

Re: The Mary Tyler Moore Show

A lot of these old comedy shows had really good writers, too.  I love comedy shows but the majority of the ones they put out now are terrible.  I love watching re-runs of many of the old ones and love them just as much or more now!  Mary Tyler Moore had a fabulous  cast of characters.  They were all wonderful! So many other great comedy shows that I would love to see. Do they run either one of the Bob Newhart shows that he had?  He was really great on these, too.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

It's also been very entertaining to see Betty White in MTM.  I know her as sweet, innocent Rose Nylund in The Golden Girls so it was fun to see her in a more sassy role.

She was terrific in both of those roles!  Golden Girls was a wonderful show!!!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

A lot of these old comedy shows had really good writers, too.  I love comedy shows but the majority of the ones they put out now are terrible.  I love watching re-runs of many of the old ones and love them just as much or more now!  Mary Tyler Moore had a fabulous  cast of characters.  They were all wonderful! So many other great comedy shows that I would love to see. Do they run either one of the Bob Newhart shows that he had?  He was really great on these, too.  

Decades TV has the Bob Newhart Show (at 12:30AM and 4:00PM) and they also show Newhart (at 4:30PM).  

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 we stream, and I can find these shows on Xfinity/or Prime :-)

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

Awesome! Thanks!!