Respected Contributor

I've been watching all of the episodes of this show from beginning to end this year.  I knew very little about it before I started watching.  I gotta say I came out of it changing my favorite comedic actress from Lucille Ball to Georgia Engel.  

Did you watch the show when it was first aired?  Thoughts?  Favorite episodes?  

Respected Contributor

Re: The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Georgia Engel was very good on Everybody Loves Raymond. 

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Yes, that's what I knew her from.  I thought her voice was put on until I heard Betty White say that it's her real voice.  

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

Yes, that's what I knew her from.  I thought her voice was put on until I heard Betty White say that it's her real voice.  

@Mellie32  My ex married a woman with the exact same voice as Georgia Engel. A bit strange when you heard it in person.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Mary Tyler Moore show was so entertaining.  It had a great cast who worked very well together and as a result was a big hit on TV.  I remember everyone loving the show and tuning in weekly to laugh and have a fun time.  These shows capture an audience and run for years.  Sadly when they end you do miss them but I am happy many return years later for a new generation to enjoy.  I watch many of the older shows on Decades, MeTV, drama and comedy.  I still enjoy and the comedies continue to make me laugh, timeless, top quality TV.

Trusted Contributor

I watched every episode of the MTM show when I was younger. Also, love Lucille Ball! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the best season was 3 or 4.  My favorite episode so far was when Chuckles the Clown died which, coincidentally, wasn't in either season 3 or 4 I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJny78bpsgo

Honored Contributor

Yes, MTM was a very good show; I imagine its humor has held up well.  Georgette didn't have a big role but, yes, she was good.  I wish I still came across reruns on TV.  Are you watching on TV or DVD?

A few of the cast are still with us:  Ed Asner (91), Gavin MacLeod (89), Cloris Leachman (94), and of course Betty White (98). 

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, MTM was a very good show; I imagine its humor has held up well.  Georgette didn't have a big role but, yes, she was good.  I wish I still came across reruns on TV.  Are you watching on TV or DVD?

A few of the cast are still with us:  Ed Asner (91), Gavin MacLeod (89), Cloris Leachman (94), and of course Betty White (98). 

Hulu.

Respected Contributor

It's also been very entertaining to see Betty White in MTM.  I know her as sweet, innocent Rose Nylund in The Golden Girls so it was fun to see her in a more sassy role.