Honored Contributor

Re: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on amazon prime

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I loved this, I watched all 8 episodes in 3 days! I'm interested in the show The Last Tycoon on Amazon Prime. It's stars Matt Bomer, Kelsey Grammer, and Lily Collins. It's based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's unfinished final novel.

@Jordan2, I thought The Last Tycoon was so good!  Sadly, it hadn't been released for very long when a new studio "big wig" canceled any further seasons.  Many people were not happy!!!  He wants Amazon to go in a different way mainly comedies and action-type shows.  Anyway, even though there is only one season, it is still worth a watch.

@Ainhisg, I watched 5 episodes this weekend (it was cold and snowy), I have 3 more left. I really like this show too.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the first episode, and I love this show !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

And she won her Golden Globe!! 

Marin Hinkle also played Sela Ward's sister in Once and Again.

I'm so glad she won, she was excellent in this role. The woman that played her manager (I forget her name) is also one of the creators of the show.

That is Alex Borstein. She's the voice of Lois Griffin on Family Guy and was quite popular on madtv. I'm enjoying the new show and the character Borstein plays.

Honored Contributor

I dont have Prime, but watched the pilot for free, it was adorable!!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I loved this, I watched all 8 episodes in 3 days! I'm interested in the show The Last Tycoon on Amazon Prime. It's stars Matt Bomer, Kelsey Grammer, and Lily Collins. It's based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's unfinished final novel.

@Jordan2, I thought The Last Tycoon was so good!  Sadly, it hadn't been released for very long when a new studio "big wig" canceled any further seasons.  Many people were not happy!!!  He wants Amazon to go in a different way mainly comedies and action-type shows.  Anyway, even though there is only one season, it is still worth a watch.

@Ainhisg, I finished watching The Last Tycoon yesterday ( I thought there were 8 episodes but there were 9). I knew going in as you said it wasn't picked up for a second season but I wanted to watch it anyway. I liked it and would have liked to have seen more. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't remember where I'd seen the actress (Marin Hinkle) who plays her mother, but then I looked her up and saw that she'd been Judith on Two and a Half Men.

She was also on "Sisters" a great series starring Sela Ward, Julianne Phillips, Patricia Kalember, Swoosie Kurtz and George Clooney.  Watched it in the early 90s!!

OOOPS! Just realised Marin Hinkle was NOT in 'Sisters', but was in Once and Again (as Shelbelle posted) which was another great show with Sela Ward!
Honored Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

I couldn't remember where I'd seen the actress (Marin Hinkle) who plays her mother, but then I looked her up and saw that she'd been Judith on Two and a Half Men.

She was also on "Sisters" a great series starring Sela Ward, Julianne Phillips, Patricia Kalember, Swoosie Kurtz and George Clooney.  Watched it in the early 90s!!

I was a huge fan of Sisters, I dont think Marin Hinkle was ever on there, she was on Once and Again years later as Sela Wards younger sister.

Honored Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

@namaste000, I recognized her from playing the vice principal on Speechless.

Trusted Contributor

I am maybe 5 episodes in the Mrs. M and I don't love it.  I guess I am one of the few, I will watch it till the end, I loved Mad Men, one of my all time favorites.  Another one on Amazon I liked was "Sneaky Pete."  A little like "Breaking Bad."  There will be a second episode soon.

Honored Contributor

THIS weekend:

Amazon to Stream ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ for Free in Honor of Golden Globes Wins

Variety.com    January11.2018

“Marvelous” news from Amazon.

The streaming giant announced Thursday that “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” will be available to stream at no cost starting Friday, January 12 at 12:01am local time and concluding at11:59pm local time Monday, January 15, using the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including the Fire TV and mobile devices, and online.

The move comes after the series won two Golden Globe awards for its freshman season: one for Best Musical or Comedy TV Series and another for series star Rachel Brosnahan, who won the award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy TV Series

“Big kudos and congrats to Rachel for her first Golden Globe and to Amy for an outstanding first season,” said Greg Hart, vice president of Prime Video. “We are excited for new viewers to join in the celebration and stream the series for free this weekend.”

Brosnahan stars as Miriam “Midge” Maisel, a 1958 New York City woman who has everything she’s ever wanted—the perfect husband, two kids and an elegant Upper West Side apartment. But when her perfect life begins to fall apart, she inadvertently discovers that she has an uncanny knack for stand up comedy. The series also stars Alex Borstein, Tony Shalhoub, Michael Zegen, and Marin Hinkle.

It was created by “Gilmore Girls” creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and executive produced, written and directed by Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino. The series received an order for two seasons when it was first ordered at Amazon.