Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

You know I luv ya @sidsmom  but "Every.single.song she was complaining?" 

Seriously, my friend I have to ask...have you been using your potatoes to make vodka? Smiley Very Happy

Yep.

Every.single.song

😜

Esteemed Contributor

Taylor's whole brand is victim. The world is out to get this multi millionaire with awards and opportunities most dream of.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Seriously, my friend I have to ask...have you been using your potatoes to make vodka? Smiley Very Happy

Yep.

Every.single.song

😜

Well, if nothing else you're great at exaggeration. 

Though, honestly, I'm sure you're a woman of many talents. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Yep.

Every.single.song

😜

Well, if nothing else you're great at exaggeration. 

Though, honestly, I'm sure you're a woman of many talents. Smiley Wink

🤔I'll let you decide.  
Exaggeration?  Yeah, my middle name is 'ish',

but looking at her top hits, not too much, eh?

(I'm still smiling with the vodka thing!🥔🤎)

E7C2C51D-F805-451F-A7B1-35E7C226EEC3.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom 

First let me address the misconception that singing about love, relationships, and heartache (and the many, many other subjects she sings about) have zero to do with complaining.

Now, second, if you think all those songs have to do with "complaining" I'd say you know about as much about Taylor's lyrics as you do about the flavor of the new KFC Chicken and Donut sandwich, lol. Have you seen that thing? Smiley Surprised

I guess the decision is in.Smiley Wink

PS I added the KFC comment because you liked the one about vodka. Sorry, it wasn't quite as good but I'm trying. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

My opinion only.  Time for her to grow up and let go of the past.  Using her music to mock and/or demean others makes her look like a mean girl teen.  My goodness she is 30 rears old.  Let it all go and move on.

Feminism is not a thing of the past--it's alive and well in 2020. 

eta ~ and thankfully that's not my opinion only! 

I specifically stated it was my opinion only because of course others have different views, that's what makes good conversation without getting personal.  Strong successful independent women continue to grow, raise above pettiness and pursue their dreams and goals.  We don't play the victim. We overcome!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure how saying a woman should just "let it go" when her entire body of work is sold out from under her--work that took many, many, years to create and to a man who had exactly zero input--isn't personal. Not only is it personal but it seems rather arrogant to be telling someone else when they should move on.

If anything is petty it's Scooter Braun lying about Taylor having advance notice of the sale saying Scott Swift attended the board meeting when it was discussed--he didn't. If anything is petty it's Scooter offering to sell back Taylor's albums one at a time by having her give him a brand new album in exchange. What the heck kind of nonsense is that? If anything is petty it was Scooter trying to tell Taylor she couldn't use a recording of her own performance from the AMAs for her documentary, Miss Americana.

As for Taylor's music, she's an artist, and just as many artists do, she sometimes uses her music to convey her life experiences to her audience. There's nothing petty or trite about expressing to her fans "this is what happened and this is how I feel about it." Personally, I think it must feel very cathartic.

The song, The Man, was released last year on her seventh album Lover. For all we know Taylor has moved on in some ways but that doesn't mean everything gets swept under the rug. The "Shut Up and Sing" mentality from the Dixie Chicks' time is long gone. This is a new era and no longer do women have to acquiesce to the old idea that a woman's place is to be silent, look pretty, and pretend all is well when something is actually far from well. To me that's what a victim would do.

Instead, Taylor is taking action. Just as she has stood up for artist's rights in the past she's letting her community know that this is something that isn't right and is making plans to rerecord her first five albums. Not exactly a victim's mentality.

Yes, strong, independent, women do grow and go on to pursue their dreams and goals. Goals like being Billboard's First Woman of the Decade, being AMAs Artist of the Decade, and Forbes highest paid celebrity of 2019--check, check, and check. When it comes to the overcome department, no worries there, Taylor has that on lock. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Man by Taylor Swift

[ Edited ]

Certainly not a fan of TS. But I could see it was a woman dressed up as a man in this video way before this was the news of the day. Dead giveaway was.... slim men don't have visible breasts.

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor

IMO, she is a very talented young lady who writes about life experiences. I like her and I am over 70, still working and interact with young people on a daily basis. She is one of the bright lights in the darkness.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 @Well said! I like Taylor Swift, I think she is very talented, a good role model to young girls. Also she is so kind and respectful to her fans, you can tell she appreciates them and doesn't take them for granted.