Honored Contributor

Re: The MASKED SINGER is Back 3/10 *SPOILERS*

@Dusty1 wrote:

@jellyBEAN You probably think I am too old to be a Hanson fan, but I am 60.

My newest favorite band is BTS & I think they are amazing, too.

The Hansons can sing & their harmonies are what hooked me.

They do an acapella version Teach Your Children by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young that is worth looking for.

That (bolded by me) sounds interesting.  I'm a big CSNY fan and that's such a lovely song.  I'm going to have to seek that one out.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

They do an acapella version Teach Your Children by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young that is worth looking for.

That (bolded by me) sounds interesting.  I'm a big CSNY fan and that's such a lovely song.  I'm going to have to seek that one out.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt @Dusty1 @jellyBEAN I went to look for BTS 'Teach Your Children' on line and couldn't find it. But I did find Hanson! Woman LOL  I'm going to listen to The Russian Dolls again!! Woman Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XmFFo5ubTc

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

@chickenbutt @Dusty1 @jellyBEAN I went to look for BTS 'Teach Your Children' on line and couldn't find it. But I did find Hanson! Woman LOL  I'm going to listen to The Russian Dolls again!! Woman Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XmFFo5ubTc

Ok, ya made me cry.    Thank You!  That was beautiful.   The way my barely functioning brain is these days, I left this thread and probably forgot about it 5 seconds later so I didn't look it up.    Just amazing.    I am always so in complete awe of a beautiful singing voice and these young men definitely fit the bill.

Heart

Respected Contributor

Boy, none of their voices sounded familiar to me, making it impossible for me to even guess.  They seem to flash the clues so quickly and with the voice disguising autotune it's difficult to understand what they are saying.  I'm not sure what character it was but there were scenes of a beach and the character was quite tall and I think it was a male, and I thought it might be David Hasselhoff, but other than the pictures of the beach, I didn't really get any other clues.  I really must watch each show a 2nd time.

I'm not surprised at which character got voted off.  Lord knows the singing was pretty bad but it was entertaining and I give these people a lot of credit for getting out there and doing this when they are not pros.  One judge got it right.  I really like this show.  I'm sorry I missed all the seasons - I began watching when it neared the end of the 4th season and there were 3 or 4 left.  Would be a fun show to watch with kids or a group of people who are into this type of thing.  Fun!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Boy, none of their voices sounded familiar to me, making it impossible for me to even guess.  They seem to flash the clues so quickly and with the voice disguising autotune it's difficult to understand what they are saying.  I'm not sure what character it was but there were scenes of a beach and the character was quite tall and I think it was a male, and I thought it might be David Hasselhoff, but other than the pictures of the beach, I didn't really get any other clues.  I really must watch each show a 2nd time.

I'm not surprised at which character got voted off.  Lord knows the singing was pretty bad but it was entertaining and I give these people a lot of credit for getting out there and doing this when they are not pros.  One judge got it right.  I really like this show.  I'm sorry I missed all the seasons - I began watching when it neared the end of the 4th season and there were 3 or 4 left.  Would be a fun show to watch with kids or a group of people who are into this type of thing.  Fun!!!

@jellyBEAN  it's defintiely a fun show! I first watched it becasue it looked liek a train wreck Woman LOL but when the very first performer season 1 sounded like 'my' Donny Osmond I had to keep watching. And it was Donny!! I'v watched every season since. btw, my cable company's On Demand has all seasons available for viewing. Maybe yours does also!

Yes, last night's performer sang terribly. But it was still fun and entertaining reveal. Personally, seeing Kermit week one started the new season off GREAT! Heart

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@jellyBEAN  it's defintiely a fun show! I first watched it becasue it looked liek a train wreck Woman LOL but when the very first performer season 1 sounded like 'my' Donny Osmond I had to keep watching. And it was Donny!! I'v watched every season since. btw, my cable company's On Demand has all seasons available for viewing. Maybe yours does also!

Yes, last night's performer sang terribly. But it was still fun and entertianing reveal. Personally, seeing Kermit week one started the new season off GREAT! Heart

Yes, I went On Demand and watched Season 5 Episode 1 again because I'd forgotten who sang what but I have no clue who anyone is.  I did start watching some older On Demand episodes from early in Season 4 - good grief, if I become addicted I'll be watching an awful lot of Masked Singer shows.  Did anyone say binge watch?  Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea who this week's unmasked performer was! But it  was still a fun show. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen him as an actor and the character here was really fun, but he sure couldn't sing.  Smiley Very Happy   

Some of the costumes are so amazing and beautiful.   I'm always in awe at the creativity.  Robo-Pine is just so cute.   The Shell costume is beautiful. The one from last week who was eliminated also was a beautiful costume.  I can't remember all of them right now but the costumes are so great.

I love this show so much.  I am having some big struggles of late and to be able to watch this show and laugh, and sometimes even cry, really makes my day better every time.  I just can't believe I didn't get to the episode until now.  

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've seen him as an actor and the character here was really fun, but he sure couldn't sing.  Smiley Very Happy   

Some of the costumes are so amazing and beautiful.   I'm always in awe at the creativity.  Robo-Pine is just so cute.   The Shell costume is beautiful. The one from last week who was eliminated also was a beautiful costume.  I can't remember all of them right now but the costumes are so great.

I love this show so much.  I am having some big struggles of late and to be able to watch this show and laugh, and sometimes even cry, really makes my day better every time.  I just can't believe I didn't get to the episode until now.  

Me too.  Out of desperation, with nothing to watch, I tuned into the last 2 or 3 episodes of Season 4 and I was hooked.  The last few singers were all great, as I expect will be the same for Season 5.

I wish we had a running commentary of each episode in real time, to see what everyone is thinking or guessing - just like the judges.  The judges seem to know so many little tidbits about everyone in show-biz and often they hit the nail right on the head.

Currently I have no idea who anyone is.  I did binge watch all of Season 4 and realized that the "clues" are so obscure, you'd really have to recognize some characteristic in a voice or a posture, or the slightest of clues to get it right as far as your guess goes.

My only complaint is one of the judges - I won't say who - not funny imo and is always hammin it up and taking too much time for him/herself.  Thankfully the other judges try to shut it down quickly.

Honored Contributor

We probably all know who you are referencing, jellyBEAN, Smiley Very Happy and I know many others here don't care for this person, but I really like this judge.  S/he is very sweet and self-deprecating, and just having fun.   

I get it that we don't all like the same things, or people, however.  Smiley Happy

I've been enjoying Niecy Nash, who I also know some folks here don't like.  I've always liked her.    I am getting this weird vibe that maybe the usual host for the show (whose name eludes me in this moment) is one of the masked singers.  How weird would that be?