Valued Contributor

The Lucy Show , marathon

[ Edited ]

I have been watching this, What a funny show!Lucille  Ball was such a beauty, she remained that way even through her later years, Such a comedienne . She wasnt afraid to make faces or do silly  things for  a laugh. She really had that pefrct combination.Love her in any way!Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: The Lucy Show , marathon

[ Edited ]

It is on the Decades Channel until 7 AM ET tomorrow. This was early to late 60's, she and Viv wore some stunning outfits when they got dressed up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed this follow-up to I love Lucy and it was a fun show, though it did lack the magic of the original. At some point too, Mr. Mooney just became a caricature and all her efforts to thwart him on this and all the subsequent versions of her show, got kind of old... Still, I wish I got this channel...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Mr Mooney was not in The Lucy Show, he was in her next series called Here's Lucy. Here's Lucy also featured her real life children, and Lucy was a totally different character with a different name in this series, but, yes, her antics were still the same!!

Contributor

Actually, Gale Gordon did play Mr. Mooney on "The Lucy Show."  He played Lucy's brother-in-law, ? Harry Carter ? on "Here's Lucy.

Esteemed Contributor

I get the Decades channel and have been watching Lucy since it began this weekend...fun shows...Lucy and Ethel had some beautiful clothes...both casual and dress up...

Honored Contributor

Loved all her shows,

Image result for lucille ball shows word pics

Honored Contributor

@Sharbou wrote:

Actually, Gale Gordon did play Mr. Mooney on "The Lucy Show."  He played Lucy's brother-in-law, ? Harry Carter ? on "Here's Lucy.

You are correct, sorry for the misinformation. And I consider myself a Lucy offcianado!!