Esteemed Contributor

watching on MEtv.

this show, if done right, could be a re-boot.  imho

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey  I agree that a remake of Love Boat could be a good show.  I really liked it back in the day, and now that I cruise occasionally, I think that I would enjoy a remake, but to more ports.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I met Jill Whalen (Vicki) once about 10 years ago. She was living near NYC at the time and drove down to see her (and my) friend, when I was visiting too. My friend had never told me she knew her!  I honestly didn't know what to say! I kind of asked her if it was fun filming the show, then we went on to talk about other things. The three of us had children about the same age! After I left of course, I thought of a million other questions I'd like to have asked her!  She seemed like a really nice person. I think she lives in LA now, and is married to a former football player. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
I liked that they used popular stars from that era along with has been actors. I'd watch a remake.
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
I liked that they used popular stars from that era along with has been actors. I'd watch a remake.

Yes, Love Boat was a good gig for has-beens.  So was Fantasy Island.  I enjoyed both.

Honored Contributor

I loved that show and would definitely check out a reboot. I’m sure a lot of out of work actors would be happy too!

Honored Contributor

I saw Gavin MacLeod not too long ago do an interview, he said when offered the job after MTM went off the air, he turned it down, thought it was frivolous. but then they told him they were going to be using many older actors and retired ones to do the guest spots, he said that was a game changer for him. 

Respected Contributor

I love love love the old series.  Such classic stuff.  I like to cruise and have often wished someone would make the old Love Boat for modern day cruising.  Everything exactly like it looks on the show.  Except with more modern amenities like WiFi.  We could all dress in clothes from that era.