Respected Contributor

I get sick to my stomach watching this enactment of a very cruel man on so many levels.  The damage he caused remains in people's nightmares and on the world stage.

He was a damaged person himself and it's interesting how damaged people manage to gain so much power using fear with whatever gift they have in their field where money and power talk.  So many self-interests allowed him to indulge himself.  I wonder how current employees feel watching this.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I get sick to my stomach watching this enactment of a very cruel man on so many levels.  The damage he caused remains in people's nightmares and on the world stage.

He was a damaged person himself and it's interesting how damaged people manage to gain so much power using fear with whatever gift they have in their field where money and power talk.  So many self-interests allowed him to indulge himself.  I wonder how current employees feel watching this.

And I wonder how many of those women there are still being harassed or sleeping their way into their jobs.  No woman on the other networks, cable and broadcast, dresses like they do.  So each one has compromised themselves a little or a lot for their careers.

I have felt sick and cried every episode.  I don't believe he's damaged anymore than some others.  Glad just two more episodes and we know how it ends...but it doesn't end because his legacy is still very much on their air and elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So evidently not many are watching this show (also City On A Hill). I can't believe how long Ailes got away with his despicable behavior. I wonder if his wife knew the real Roger Ailes?

A LOT of them got away with a lot.  No doubt they still are.  Men in very high places whether in entertainment, government and sports.  There is so much more that will come out about so many more people, they drip out or explode regularly now.

Did you know the director of "Bohemian Rhapsody" is toast?  They wanted to remove his name from the credits after it came out but couldnt...But in all the award shows no one thanked him, no one mentioned his name.  Message received.

As for the wives, they know or they don't.  Many women, and I can name some very famous ones, had affairs with their husbands while they were married to other women.  A lot of them ended up getting dumped too. 

She may have known or not, she may have cared or not, or she may have done what some women do, Princess Diana and Jackie Kennedy come to mind, staying in the marriage and taking lovers for themselves.

@LoriLori 

What did the BR director have to do with Roger Ailes?   Did I miss a post?   Sorry, I'm not making the connection.

You seem to assume that all women expect fidelity from their men.   That's not really true ... some only expect discretion.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So evidently not many are watching this show (also City On A Hill). I can't believe how long Ailes got away with his despicable behavior. I wonder if his wife knew the real Roger Ailes?

A LOT of them got away with a lot.  No doubt they still are.  Men in very high places whether in entertainment, government and sports.  There is so much more that will come out about so many more people, they drip out or explode regularly now.

Did you know the director of "Bohemian Rhapsody" is toast?  They wanted to remove his name from the credits after it came out but couldnt...But in all the award shows no one thanked him, no one mentioned his name.  Message received.

As for the wives, they know or they don't.  Many women, and I can name some very famous ones, had affairs with their husbands while they were married to other women.  A lot of them ended up getting dumped too. 

She may have known or not, she may have cared or not, or she may have done what some women do, Princess Diana and Jackie Kennedy come to mind, staying in the marriage and taking lovers for themselves.

@LoriLori 

What did the BR director have to do with Roger Ailes?   Did I miss a post?   Sorry, I'm not making the connection.

You seem to assume that all women expect fidelity from their men.   That's not really true ... some only expect discretion.  

Are you watching the show?

I made no such assumption.  You've completely misread what I wrote (she may have known and cared, she may not have cared).  And I used two carefully-chosen examples of women who were broken-hearted at their husband's infidelity but took their own lovers.  His wife is not the subject of the show.

What it has to do with Bohemian Rhapsody is on point (another reason I think you're maybe not watching?):

Director Bryan Singer -- who already had a history of accusations of sexually abusing underage boys but who was finished by Me Too -- was finally made to pay. He was allegedly (credibly) let go near the end of production.  He was replaced by another director and the Executive Producers wanted to remove his name from the credits but the Academy wouldn't allow it since he directed most of the film.  He was not permitted by the EPs to attend any award shows and no one thanked him for any award or mentioned his name.  Rami Malek has complained about him for other reasons.  Like R. Kelly and MJ and Cosby he got away with it for a logn time but Time's Up. 

Unlike them many of the women who slept with Roger Ailes did so willingly to advance their careers.  Not all but many.  Maybe most.

So, are you watching the show?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Well, I called that, that you wouldn't be back on this thread.   You haven't watched the show, you didn't know what you were talking about re the show and you didn't know a thing about the director of BR, which is very old and very public news..  You totally mistread and misinterpreted what I wrote about Ailes's wife and other women.  See you around!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Well, I called that, that you wouldn't be back on this thread.   You haven't watched the show, you didn't know what you were talking about re the show and you didn't know a thing about the director of BR, which is very old and very public news..  You totally mistread and misinterpreted what I wrote about Ailes's wife and other women.  See you around!

@LoriLori 

So now you are making predictions?   I'm recording the shows, but no, I'm not up to date .... a very close friend of mine has been quite ill and passed away last week, so, no, I'm not up to speed on this show.  No need to get your shorts in a knot and scold people because they don't automatically know what you're talking about.   Take a chill pill.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Sorry about your friend.  I've been hanging out here all along, you came at me, and aggressively.  But you've suffered a loss so as far as here, no harm no foul.  Deepest sympathy,.  Lori

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I'm a current events junkie.

I did not know Roger A was involved in selecting T for Presidential candidate. 

@Jordan2   @dulwich   @Free2be   @denisemb 

Me too.

Me either.

Every single episode has upset me.  Last night's was...beyond.

Don't much care about Gretchen.  Most or all of them have slept their way into their jobs.

It was the rest.  You know what.  New information revealed (stomach-churning).  Waaaaay beyond selecting.  All the footage. Having to relive that stuff, made even worse by the events of the weekend. 

I'll never forget scenes like him yelling to keep showing the jumpers on 9/11 and instructing the makeup people to only fix Hannity on the breaks  and leave Colmes's face sweaty, makeup melted, as if it wasn't bad enough.

But last night I was sorry I watched the shows.  Glad it ends next week.  Hopefully one day I'll be grateful to have learned this stuff but now I'm just...no words..

Esteemed Contributor

I am a Fox News watcher and have been for over 20 yrs now.  I have watched  each of the episodes and had some knowledge of Gretchen Carlson's  lawsuit prior.    I never liked her as the Fox & Friends anchor to begin with and I certainly don't  know what went down with her and RA .   I don't watch and think Oh!  this is exactly what happened ,  shows tend to embellish.    I don't beileve everything I read or watch as being told as the Gospel truth so to speak.  Only the parties involved really know the full truth.  Can't beileve everything you hear .,  that old saying I heard from a professor in college yrs ago " beileve half of what you hear  and nothing of what you read." Verify.   Roger  Allies is dead so his side won't ever be told plus Showtime & HBO slant left so that leads me to question. 😏 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Loudest Voice

[ Edited ]

Haven't seen every episode, but watched tonight.  Gretchen was smart to tape the conversations - Guess that isn't legal in NY and that's why she sued him in NJ?