Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Little Mermaid - 2023

@ninjawife wrote:

Makes me think of the whole ridiculous "Karen" slur.  I feel bad for women with the name.  Of course no one will name their child Karen today!

@haddon9 I have a cousin named Karen.  Unfortunately, she totally represents the stereotype.  She is a know-it-all, butt-in-ski that would definitely ask to see the manager if she had a problem.  She is also lazy who has been living with and sponging off her mother her entire life.  Her daughter, grandaughter and boyfriend also live with and sponge off her mother.  That whole part of the family is a piece of work.

@ninjawife I have a SIL named Karen and she is also a butt-in-ski to the extreme.  She is married to my brother, which is a shame, because I would be closer to him today were it not for her.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:
@JaneMarpleI didn't mean it as an insult to you or anyone else. I feel bad for the residents of that state.
Meatball refers to their 'leader'.

@Lakelife62 Don't feel bad for us.  Most residents love the leader of our state, for good reason.  But way to turn a thread about a movie political.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

I'm going to preface this rant by saying it has nothing to do with a Disney's ongoing problems today.

I collected every Disney movie made  for our kids and then grandchildren. We took our oldest to Disneyworld the first month it was open. Then over the years we went to Disney every five years. One of our daughters married a guy who was nuts over Disney. They found jobs in the Orlando area and named one of their children Ariel. It was Disney 24/7. Season passes and massive amounts of Disney Stock.

I also owned Disney stock. To protect my investment I started reading the financial newsletters about Disney. Did not like what I was reading. I sold my Disney when they fired the imagineers and hired foreign engineers. They made their imagineers train their replacements. 

I kept reading more and more stuff which I passed onto my family. I was ignored until I wasn't ignored. It started with the kids...they hated it and wanted to go to Universal. Then the family canceled the season passes and Disney plus. They also sold all their stock.

I miss the Disney Walt created. I just can't get excited over any Disney Movie anymore.

I'm glad many of you enjoyed the Little Mermaid . 

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:
@JaneMarpleI didn't mean it as an insult to you or anyone else. I feel bad for the residents of that state.

@Lakelife62 Don't feel bad for us.  Most residents love the leader of our state, for good reason.  But way to turn a thread about a movie political.

I can't help it. What a shame. A state we visited every year, now off the agenda for the foreseeable future. A state on the Travel Warning List, along with countries like Nigeria. Awesome. Great job. 

The thread was political with the insertion of not so subtle digs at whyThe Little Mermaid is no good and why Disney is worse. But sure, I'll take the blame.

LOL.

Respected Contributor

IMO remakes never live up to the original.  Can't these people come up with something new?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Boffo Box Office, despite media reviews and analysis from the QVC forum.

Holiday weekend,  $117 million domestically, 5th highest Memorial Day weekend gross ever.

$185 million total worldwide. 

Not number one for the year to date, but respectable (thus far.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

I can't help it. What a shame. A state we visited every year, now off the agenda for the foreseeable future. A state on the Travel Warning List, along with countries like Nigeria. Awesome. Great job. 

The thread was political with the insertion of not so subtle digs at whyThe Little Mermaid is no good and why Disney is worse. But sure, I'll take the blame.

LOL.

@Lakelife62 That travel warning is such BS.  But I guess the facts don't matter to you.  But no worries here.  We still have plenty of visitors and many people still moving to our great state.  If you don't like it here, we don't want you here and won't miss you.

Honored Contributor

I would love to take my granddaughters to see it, we were too busy this past weekend-but maybe soon! I am sure they will love it! They love all of those Disney movies...

Esteemed Contributor

Its a shame this country has become one where so many of the things in our country's past history and make up

have been remade, redone, and demeaned in a creation of a "new" version.....everyone it seems are trying to pacify small groups of others and nothing seems REAL anymore.  I hope this country can come back from this. 

Respected Contributor

That's Right!

Only the real, original Mermaids created this country!