Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore Because of their stature we are fooled by their ages. THey don't act like they are 8 and 9 years old. They appear to be around 4 for Zoey and maybe 6 for Will. So is Zoey really intelligent for her age, knowing this. I thought she treated Jen like last weks meatloaf , when Jen ask her if she could help her with her Pajama's. I have cried watching how mean those kids can be with Bill and Jen. And those kids are just destructive. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Actually the kids really were pretty bratty at times.  Not all the time, but a lot of the time.  They seem to be a bit better this season, perhaps because they are getting older.  

I am not sure why Zoe cannot sit still or at least sit in the chair the right way. 

She was great at her performace though  I really think they should continue her dance classes. They did seem calmer when the parents left.  The nanny is good with them.  However in the kitchen those kids are a disaster.  

Go visit your local elementary school.  You will see that most kids do not sit or stand still for long even if it is required.  They are on the move all of the time.  I wish I had their energy.

Well that means the teacher has no control of their classroom.  It is not normal for kids to sit upside down in their seats.  She may be ADHD.  But no one tells her to sit still or even sit in the chair the right way.  I am hoping this is just for the camera crew because maybe they think its cute.  I would hope in her classroom she is different.  She was totally focused when she was at dance practice.  Maybe its just who she can get away with it.  lol  Kids are smart they know who they walk over lol.

When I went to school, everyone learned to sit still and even stand without moving.  It was mandatory.  We adapted.

Things have changed since then.  Kids are not expected to be still anymore.  I have been in classrooms where children are sitting in bean bag chairs, laying across or sitting on those yoga exercise balls and even lying on the floor.  They take their shoes off too.

They are allowed and encouraged to do this.

I don't agree that this is a good idea, but that's the way things are now, maybe not for everyone everywhere, but many of the newer teachers have adopted this style.

When waiting in the lunch line for their turn, they spin, jump and twirl.  At first is was shocking to me. Now I am used to seeing it.  Expectations have changed and it is now believed by some that we should not force younger children to control their movements. 

This is not true for all schools, especially Charter and private schools.  I have observed kids still walking in a straight line and being quiet because they are expected to do that.  If there was a school who believed that kids should move around, take off shoes, sit on bean bag chairs I would not enroll my kids at that school. 

Good giref what is going on with City schools.  I have seen kids wear pajamas for pajamas day, why is that part of school, oh and don't forget there are days where they watch movies.  They should pay parents the rate the school gets per child to home school. Sorry got off topic lol.  But had to get my thoughts out.   lol have a fun Saturday everybody.

Respected Contributor

As a health care professional, I have always wondered HOW Dr. Jen Arnold made it to becoming an MD.

She didn't get to start out as a neonatologist, a specialty.  You have to do all the medical rotations before ever getting an opportunity to specialize.  This means you have to be able to physically do certain things, like procedures.  Having done so many, I don't get how a dwarf could do them.  Some are done under pressure, requiring bending, lifting, leaning over and in.  Not everything can be done to acommodate a dwarf.  No stepstools, adult patients, or anything else to help.

I have no doubt about her intelligence or motivation, but one place I hate to see affirmative action (person with disability) is in certain areas of the medical profession.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor
I am also a health professional - and the daughter of a differently-abled woman - and Jennifer’s credentials are impressive. It saddens me that even within the medical and nursing professions, discriminatory attitudes still exist.
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon Think about the size of the kids that came to the sleep under, Bill and Jen could not handle the heights of these children. Plus it to me was safer that the parents were there also. I thought it was a great new idea. I was never a big fan of sleep overs. I tried and my kids ruined it for their selves by rooming the neighbor hood. So I found them and gave them a second chance but never slept. I just kept telling stories about my childhood.One of the worse nights as a parent, second to letting their friend come with us in a walk to shop to day. And they ruined it by acting like complete hellun's.

Respected Contributor

They are trying to make up for them coming from an ophan's home. My Aunt did the same, and he was a spoiled child. But grew up pretty well. And how I loved the little cousin my aunt brought into my life. He was a foster child that she and my Uncle brought home on weekends. And I cried every Sunday that he had to return to his foster home that they picked him up from,until he was offiially adoptd. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl I really did worry about the tempers that those kids have shown when corrected. I do remember Will hitting Jen when they first brought him home. But Jen sttood strong about his time out for it. But I told my husband that I worry as Will grows and gets stronger, because there is nothing to Jen with her weight and height. I did worry about  Will standing behind Jen by the water when they were feeding birds fish, he  looked like he wanted to push Jen in the water.