Honored Contributor

The Little Couple last night

Watched for the entire two hours (and ten thousand commercials) to see the house selection, and the show ended before they made the decision.  Have to wait until next Tuesday.  (I know that we already know, but I was hoping to see the interior and their plans to customize it.)

PS and by the way, the kids were slightly better behaved.

Super Contributor

Re: The Little Couple last night

[ Edited ]

I can't wait to see the inside of the house, either. A person can do a whole lot when money is no object.

I love this family. I have watched them from the very beginning. I thought it was very sweet and loving when Bill choked up talking about adopting the children. He made me tear up.

I guess you could say the children tend to be out of control but I can also see that they struggled so much to even get to the adoptions that maybe they are over compensating. And speaking as one, grandparents don't help any when it comes to spoiling the grands. We only see segments of their life so we don't really know about how they actually discipline the children. I am sure the cameras can be a little intimidating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

".....PS and by the way, the kids were slightly better behaved"

The love for their children is so obvious.  I've always thought that children and animals can never be spoiled enough.  However, when you really love and spoil your kids, that includes setting boundaries and respecting others.  I think that all will be well in this family.  I would be more concern about perhaps impending health issues and further medical care.  I wish them the best, they are a loving family which counts the most.

Respected Contributor

Setting boundaries and not letting children just do whatever they want to do

is preparing them for real life ..

I have a neighbor whose grand children are molly coddled and never told

no ....the first time a boss yells or calls them on the carpet for anything they

are going to be devastated ....

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Watched for the entire two hours (and ten thousand commercials) to see the house selection, and the show ended before they made the decision.  Have to wait until next Tuesday.  (I know that we already know, but I was hoping to see the interior and their plans to customize it.)

PS and by the way, the kids were slightly better behaved.

I thought they spent way too much time talking about time running out and they have to find a place to live.  It went on and on.  The one thing I have noticed is that the kids who are on these reality shows sure get to go to a lot of cool places for outings so thats niice.  Most kids do not get to go to all those different places.  I still rmemeber those cool trips Jon and Kate plus 8 went.

Honored Contributor

Well last week I was convinced that the house they bought was the one Jen specifically said she couldn't live in.  But last night no mention was made of those comments.  Am I wrong, is it not the same house?  Clearly it will be unrecognizable (in a good way) when the renovations are done, but I thought they would have been more transparent about it, saying something like, "Jen wasn't crazy about this style house, but we're going to make some changes", or something like that.

Esteemed Contributor

The house is sure huge --all those steps and an elevator to boot. Also they must be pretty rich. I would worry about being close to water with the kids but then they will have helpers to watch them.

Esteemed Contributor

When you live in Florida, the first thing you do is teach your kids to swim, whether or not you have a pool.  They shouldn't have a problem with the kids being close to water.  They will be like little fish in no time.

Honored Contributor

even if I could afford that house.... I would not want anything that big... and I do not like the interior design of the house at all.... I really think it is both ugly on the outside and the inside too.  What were they thinking?

Respected Contributor

I don't watch this program in a regular basis, but I do know their home in Houston was built for them.  It had lower counter tops, cabinets, all things little people require.  This house will have to be re-done to their specifications and that will be very expensive.  

BTW, their Houston house had a pool and the children learned to swim there.