Honored Contributor

Re: The Little Couple is back

@ccassaday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Forgot to mention, I thought last night was kind of boring.  Not a fan of the contrived vacation.

How was it contrived. Jen was there for work.

It was contrived BECAUSE Jen was there for work.  They decided to morph it into a vacation so they could film it for the show.  Clearly it was not geared toward kids. ( And clearly the kids need some discipline rather than just laughing at their antics.)

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Forgot to mention, I thought last night was kind of boring.  Not a fan of the contrived vacation.

It was contrived BECAUSE Jen was there for work.  They decided to morph it into a vacation so they could film it for the show.  Clearly it was not geared toward kids. ( And clearly the kids need some discipline rather than just laughing at their antics.)

Discipline might not make the show cute 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Discipline might not make the show cute 

Agree.  But if they were taught to be less fresh when the cameras weren't rolling, their good behavior would carry over to when they are filming.

I don't mean to sound so grouchy on this thread, but I find continuous bad behavior to be obnoxious.  Clearly some find it adorable.

I think my frustration has more to do with the parents than the kids actually.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Ok; I'm going to say it...  Last night I thought the kids were bratty.  Granted, the activities weren't exactly geared toward kids, but I think we sometimes forget that Will and Zoey aren't as young as their size sometimes makes us think.  

You thought they were bratty last night, @faeriemoon?  I think they're always bratty, and they seem even more so this season.  Jen and Bill just never seem to discipline them (at least not on camera).  It frustrates the heck out of me.  My 4 years old grandson would never behave that way (and he doesn't need toys to occupy him when we go out to eat, either).  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @faeriemoon, I completely agree with your post #13.  

Honored Contributor

What shocked me last night was when William was "playing" with the small canon in the castle in Scotland(?). He tipped the barrel so it hit the tile floor. And it was laughed off by the parents. I don't think the man showing them around the castle thought it was funny. I wonder if it damaged the tile.

Honored Contributor

Love this show, really enjoyed it last night.  I also lik...

@ccassaday wrote:

The Little Couple is back tonight. Right now before the premier they are doing a hurricane Harvey special. I love this show. For all the trash reality shows this one is done right. Bill and Jen are such great people with huge hearts. And kiddos are just adorable.

Love this show, really enjoyed it last night.  I also like the 7 little Johnstons.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As I watch the reruns of The Little Couple, I notice how anxious Will is to be hands on with anything new.   He does not do well with waiting for instruction; he just wants to dive in and get his hands on, or involved in whatever is going on.   He is a very headstrong little fellow, and that attitude seems to have rubbed off on Zoey as well.   

The one thing I really did not like with the trip to the castle, was dressing Zoey in a princess costume.  My girls loved dress up, but it was limited to our home environment, and not encouraged on any vacation.   A 5 and 7 year old on a tour in a historic castle needed closer supervision and more discipline than I saw last night.  My teacher daughter was watching with me when Zoey went under the rope into the off limits area and shook her head no when told to come out.  At least when Bill started counting, Zoey knew to move before he got to 3; I didn't count, my kids knew to move immediately.  

Jen is all talk; possibly does time outs, but Bill is clearly the more disciplined parent, and more likely to discipline the way he and his brothers were raised.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tootie15 wrote:

@faeriemoon... I agree. The kids were a little bratty. They didn't listen to anything that their father (or anyone else for that matter) told them. I think they needed more discipline.

In any case, they are cute kids and I enjoy watching the show!

Not listening to their Dad is one thing, but when in the castle they didn't even listen to the castle tour director.....time for a serious sit down talk with the kids....I would have taken the them out of the castle immediately and sat them down for a time out....I do love this show too....but was disappointed on the behavior of the 2 kids...

I don't think the father & step mom really enjoyed their vacation either...they seemed to be bored like us....there must have been better places to take 2 little kids....

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

As I watch the reruns of The Little Couple, I notice how anxious Will is to be hands on with anything new.   He does not do well with waiting for instruction; he just wants to dive in and get his hands on, or involved in whatever is going on.   He is a very headstrong little fellow, and that attitude seems to have rubbed off on Zoey as well.   

The one thing I really did not like with the trip to the castle, was dressing Zoey in a princess costume.  My girls loved dress up, but it was limited to our home environment, and not encouraged on any vacation.   A 5 and 7 year old on a tour in a historic castle needed closer supervision and more discipline than I saw last night.  My teacher daughter was watching with me when Zoey went under the rope into the off limits area and shook her head no when told to come out.  At least when Bill started counting, Zoey knew to move before he got to 3; I didn't count, my kids knew to move immediately.  

Jen is all talk; possibly does time outs, but Bill is clearly the more disciplined parent, and more likely to discipline the way he and his brothers were raised.   

DH looked at each other and we were shaking our heads as well.  Neither one of has had children but, I can tell you this: my dad kept us in check.  He told us something once and that's all it took because he did not play around. We got a crack (always below the belt, never in the face). He has always said that there is NO counting to ten because it shows you're bluffing. 

We found them to be exhausting and I believe if they were better disciplined they all would be more relaxed knowing boundaries.