Honored Contributor

The Little Couple a bit of a snooze last night....

.... but of course my DVR didn't record the last half hour so if anything interesting happened, I missed it.

The kids weren't terrible.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Little Couple a bit of a snooze last night....

You didn't miss anything exciting. They got to the new house and the movers had to move things back out to storage pods and then they let the kids swim in the pool. the contractor/designer was there and they were ripping out the kitchen. Overall is was very much a snooze fest.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon Funny you say that because I watched most of the first hour.  I

was wrapped up in a warm blanket and I did fall asleep. I did not know that it was

going to be 2 hours. I guess because now the 8:00 is now the Johnsons time slot.

The same with that show, a new house.

It seems like it is going to be all about fixing up their big house now. I was getting

bored with keeping track of the miles they had to go to get to their new home. I did hear Bill say how wonderful the kids are in the car. It is something to watch for me when nothing else is on.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

.... but of course my DVR didn't record the last half hour so if anything interesting happened, I missed it.

The kids weren't terrible.

I agree, I would have preferred to see another hour of the little johnstons.  It was kind of annoying that they did not have boxes marked with what went in house and what went into pods.  Bill just sat there and did  not supervise anything.  

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@faeriemoon Funny you say that because I watched most of the first hour.  I

was wrapped up in a warm blanket and I did fall asleep. I did not know that it was

going to be 2 hours. I guess because now the 8:00 is now the Johnsons time slot.

The same with that show, a new house.

It seems like it is going to be all about fixing up their big house now. I was getting

bored with keeping track of the miles they had to go to get to their new home. I did hear Bill say how wonderful the kids are in the car. It is something to watch for me when nothing else is on.

They seem to do everything the hard way.  Moving into a house with little kids while constructions is going on.  Not knowing what boxes go into the house versus what boxes go into pods.  Jen said she likes to control things, then why not mark boxes?  Oh well.  They seem to really enjoy their kids with the help of a Nanny.  I hope the whole season is not going to be how they are remodeling their house.  I can just hear them talking endlessly about what color something is going to be. lol It is still a cute show.  2 hours is a bit much.  I fell asleep too.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JUST MY OPINION.....  I hope I can have one without having someone jump down my throat....

No doubt the little couple are very nice people, and my thoughts of the "show" are not my thoughts of them as parents or as people.....But,

The show is so overly  scripted down to everything they do and  they say.   I do not find the children amusing at all. Will is such a brat, as is the girl. Spoiled comes to mind.  Not cute at all.  The story lines of what I have tried to sit through are dull.  

I put this show in the catagory of  the  reality shows they have had  with   fat people, tall people...  people who eat odd things....  90 day fiance.... Married at first sight.....  transgender people  etc.  Sadly Total side show entertainment   the way the producers film the shows and even make up things to make the shows more entertaining.....

and I see it as a put down to the people who  are hired to be a part of the shows.    These shows do not teach acceptance  of differences... it  just makes a mockery out of  the differences. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I agree with everything you said except for the last paragraph.  I think they do teach about the differences.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

JUST MY OPINION.....  I hope I can have one without having someone jump down my throat....

No doubt the little couple are very nice people, and my thoughts of the "show" are not my thoughts of them as parents or as people.....But,

The show is so overly  scripted down to everything they do and  they say.   I do not find the children amusing at all. Will is such a brat, as is the girl. Spoiled comes to mind.  Not cute at all.  The story lines of what I have tried to sit through are dull.  

I put this show in the catagory of  the  reality shows they have had  with   fat people, tall people...  people who eat odd things....  90 day fiance.... Married at first sight.....  transgender people  etc.  Sadly Total side show entertainment   the way the producers film the shows and even make up things to make the shows more entertaining.....

and I see it as a put down to the people who  are hired to be a part of the shows.    These shows do not teach acceptance  of differences... it  just makes a mockery out of  the differences. 

Oh absolutely not! I don't see shows of different types of people as making "a mockery out of the differences". Huh? Are we watching the same shows? In watching these shows, makes me open my eyes of the challenges others have. It makes me feel compassion. It opens my heart to those who are "different". A "mockery"?? No way!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The new home, $2.1 million, not including renovations.

little-couple-FL-home

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

The new home, $2.1 million, not including renovations.

little-couple-FL-home

It sure is BIG. I guess some people need that to feel successful?