Honored Contributor

The Last Ship - the last episode

The finale of The Last Ship is on tonight.  I, for one, will be very sad to know it's over.  It's been one of my favorites ever since its debut.

Image result for the last ship finale

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Last Ship - the last episode

I will be watching

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach@jeanlake, thanks, a,ways looking for something new to watch.

Have you tried A Place to Call Home?  Really a good one.  LM

Honored Contributor

I've also enjoyed this series.  I must say that I wondered how much it cost to film an episode ... it seems very expensive, and I wondered what kind of storyline they could have developed for another season ...  I think they ran out of world catastrophes!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I've also enjoyed this series.  I must say that I wondered how much it cost to film an episode ... it seems very expensive, and I wondered what kind of storyline they could have developed for another season ...  I think they ran out of world catastrophes!

I don't know the cost but I just watched the 4-minute TNT snippet about how they brought the show from script to screen.  Clearly, we already know a lot had to be CG to help them stay within budget.  (I imagine it was a big budget, whether they had to stay within it or not.)

I hadn't thought about editors.  They explained there were three, and also then how they added sound effects, or perhaps re-did dialogue, or added specific music.  

Just those four minutes were eye-opening.

I hope everyone involved with the show will find themselves in equally satisfying roles, whether behind or in front of the cameras, @Tinkrbl44

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I don't know the cost but I just watched the 4-minute TNT snippet about how they brought the show from script to screen.  Clearly, we already know a lot had to be CG to help them stay within budget.  (I imagine it was a big budget, whether they had to stay within it or not.)

I hadn't thought about editors.  They explained there were three, and also then how they added sound effects, or perhaps re-did dialogue, or added specific music.  

I hope everyone involved with the show will find themselves in equally satisfying roles, whether behind or in front of the cameras, @Tinkrbl44

@GingerPeach

Was this on the TNT website or in an email ... or somewhere else?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@GingerPeach

Was this on the TNT website or in an email ... or somewhere else?

It was part of the selections of the TNT On Demand.  They called it "Script to Screen." @Tinkrbl44