Honored Contributor

The Last of Us is based on the post-apocalyptic Sony/Playstation video game from 2013.  It became one of their best selling games ever.

It's HBO's first series based on a video game. It's getting extremely high critic reviews and ratings.

I tried.  I watched about 30 minutes of the 1st episode; don't know if I'll go back to it.  

Honored Contributor

I actually like the video game and glad they are using the music from it for the series but I just don't see Bella Ramsey as Ellie. There's something off about her. 

Honored Contributor

The first episode had me thinking this isn't for me, I'm out. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad I stuck with it because it got better. Last night's episode was sad, also someone got what they deserved. I'm eager to see how it ends. 

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2  I am watching and enjoying this series! I could do without the zombie apocalypse stuff, but still a good series.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched one episode and gave up ,  very slow , and seemed to be a walking dead want to be.   I decided to give it one more chance as it recorded , forgot to cancel .  Well glad I did as now I'm really liking it !  Although sad ,  so was TWD.

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Did anyone watch this last night (HBO)? It is described as a global pandemic destroys civilization. People are sick (some aren't), and are like zombies feeding off of other humans. I found this series disturbing, I'm not sure if I want to invest ITanymore of my time ( I think there are 8 episodes). 

IT ISN'T ANY BETTER WATCHING THE NEWS THESE DAYS.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 , I am watching this.  I agree with the comments about "dark" series these days.  I am hanging in there with this one.  Could use a good period drama right about now!  LM

Honored Contributor

Last night's episode, oh no!!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 , I am starting to be ruined by being able to binge watch series.  I find the one week wait between episodes so annoying lol!  I am watching 1923 now also and hate the one week wait.  I didn't start watching Yellowstone until all the episodes were available but you have to be careful not to read threads that reveal details!  LM

Valued Contributor

I agree about having to wait a week to watch the next episode.  Seems interminable. And Sunday's episode was a huge "OH NO!"  I have to say though, I'm now fully invested in this series.  Such a great story, fantastic actors and writing.  I wasn't aware of the video game but what a story!