Honored Contributor

Re: The Last Days of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette Kennedy

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

By the way, speaking of "entitled,"  according to the TV show, John was flunking out of Brown University more than once, but Jackie intervened and Brown kept John enrolled and he graduated from there.  Then went on to law school and later flunked the bar exam twice.

@Pearlee   Many people have flunked the bar exam the first time...even twice.  Many Famous  individuals, Michelle Obama and Hilary Clinton just to name two..... 

@SeaMaiden     @Pearlee 

Something like only 25% pass the bar exam the first time.  This particular "flunk" isn't indicative of being a bad or lazy student.   

@Tinkrbl44   Please cite your source for that 25% statistic, because I don't think it's correct, or even near being correct.

@Tinkrbl44   Do you have that source yet where you got the "like only 25% pass the bar exam the first time."?  I really think that statistic is not a fact and would like to see where you got that.

@Pearlee 

Oh good grief .....   Honestly, I really don't care what you think, nor do I consider you any sort of expert .   You certainly should have picked up on that by now.

It was probably google used as a starting point, and the search was done last year.   A friend's son failed the bar exam and I did a lengthy search looking for failure rates.  After searching a multitude of links, I emailed several to him, with some words of encouragement.   The 25% pass rate stuck in my mind.   

(Of course, the pass/fail rates may have been much different back when John took the exam,   I doubt all bar exams are exactly the same now as they were 25 years ago.   And just to be clear, that was speculation, not a statistic.) 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Last Days of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette Kennedy

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

By the way, speaking of "entitled,"  according to the TV show, John was flunking out of Brown University more than once, but Jackie intervened and Brown kept John enrolled and he graduated from there.  Then went on to law school and later flunked the bar exam twice.

@Pearlee   Many people have flunked the bar exam the first time...even twice.  Many Famous  individuals, Michelle Obama and Hilary Clinton just to name two..... 

@SeaMaiden     @Pearlee 

Something like only 25% pass the bar exam the first time.  This particular "flunk" isn't indicative of being a bad or lazy student.   

@Tinkrbl44   Please cite your source for that 25% statistic, because I don't think it's correct, or even near being correct.

@Tinkrbl44   Do you have that source yet where you got the "like only 25% pass the bar exam the first time."?  I really think that statistic is not a fact and would like to see where you got that.

@Pearlee 

Oh good grief .....   Honestly, I really don't care what you think, nor do I consider you any sort of expert .   You certainly should have picked up on that by now.

It was probably google used as a starting point, and the search was done last year.   A friend's son failed the bar exam and I did a lengthy search looking for failure rates.  After searching a multitude of links, I emailed several to him, with some words of encouragement.   The 25% pass rate stuck in my mind.   

(Of course, the pass/fail rates may have been much different back when John took the exam,   I doubt all bar exams are exactly the same now as they were 25 years ago.   And just to be clear, that was speculation, not a statistic.) 

I can't recall a state ever having that low of a bar passage rate.  It doesn't even make sense for a state to fail 75% of the people taking the bar exam.  I just think that was erroneous speculation, statistic, or whatever it was.  Although you don't care what I think, it's a disservice to anyone reading your posts to provide inaccurate/incorrect information. For over forty years that I can recall now, Florida has been notorious for having a low passage rate, because so many attorneys want to be licensed in Florida to do probate, because of all the elderly and retired people down there. Therefore, Florida wants its rate to be lower to exclude some of the glut of attorneys who seek to practice there.  That saiid,  per the article below, even Florida doesn't have anywhere near only  a 25% passage rate.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/274902-florida-bar-exam-plummets