Esteemed Contributor

The Knick on Cinemax

[ Edited ]

The Knick is a totally engrossing historical dramatic medical series on Cinemax. It is about an early 1900s NYC hospital, with all the values, mistakes, and abuses of American medicine..eugenics, racism, sexism, medical ethics, drug addiction, disease, corruption, and poverty are all woven into engrossing weekly episodes. It is an amazing series, starring Clive Owen. To me it's must-see TV.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching since season one and really enjoy this one.  I think I"m an episode behind, however, so I plan to get caught up this weekend (hopefully).  

Trusted Contributor

I don't have Cinemax, but last month, Showtime showed several episodes of The Knick.  All I could say was MORE, MORE.  How do I see this from the start?  Great TV.

Valued Contributor
One of the few shows I watch when it's actually on. This week a lot of eye covering though.
Respected Contributor

@Vivian 

thanks so much for the great review.  today is the first that i've seen it on the lineup and passed it by in spite of the fact that i love clive owen.  i will definitely make a point of looking for it now.  Smiley Happy