Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's funny, I don't really have a problem with Sunny, it was Geoffrey that used to bug me. 

I've always liked GZ, but I can see how he might be an acquired taste for some.  Smiley Happy    Once you get to know him more, he seems quite sweet and fun.

Valued Contributor

KATIE eats more then anyone and is skinny as a rail.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Kitchen

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I really like this show EXCEPT (yeah, it's a HUGE except) I absolutely can.not.stand.Sunny.   Never could.  She's obnoxious, rude, has no manners, she talks over others when it's their turn, and she's a pig.   Always trying to shove as much food as possible into her mouth, grabbing food so somebody else doesn't get it - the whole nine yards.  It's nauseating.

I totally agree and that's why I can't watch the show.  Whenever she's a judge on a show  I have to tolerate her just to watch the show. 

I think it was Kids Baking Championship and some others a while back. 

I like Geoffrey, Katie Lee and Jeff.  I didn't like Marcela but then I saw her as a judge and I got used to her.   You have to get used to Katie Lee's voice/accent!

Valued Contributor

Sunny used to be tolerable a few years back, but like a lot of Food Network hosts, she has worn out her welcome.   Every show she is on, she has to be the center of attention.  Food Network has really lost it's track.  Nothing but horrible competition shows with really obnoxious contestants and hosts.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I really like this show EXCEPT (yeah, it's a HUGE except) I absolutely can.not.stand.Sunny.   Never could.  She's obnoxious, rude, has no manners, she talks over others when it's their turn, and she's a pig.   Always trying to shove as much food as possible into her mouth, grabbing food so somebody else doesn't get it - the whole nine yards.  It's nauseating.

I totally agree and that's why I can't watch the show.  Whenever she's a judge on a show  I have to tolerate her just to watch the show. 

I think it was Kids Baking Championship and some others a while back. 

I like Geoffrey, Katie Lee and Jeff.  I didn't like Marcela but then I saw her as a judge and I got used to her.   You have to get used to Katie Lee's voice/accent!

I started watching The Kitchen as of the very first episode.  I liked it but found that Sunny was so hard to watch that I actually quit the show, early on.    I was ok with Marcela but she was my second least fav host.   

But, darn it, I liked the show so I came back fairly soon after and haven't left since.  It's irksome that a show can be all but ruined by one person.  A lot of the time I just FF through a segment that is Sunny-intense.  Unfortunately, it's still hard to avoid her because she butts in with everybody.  She always acts like she knows everything.

I was kind of the same with 'The Chew' because Mario Batali always skeeved me out to the nth degree, and Daphne Oz was so annoying I could not stand to watch her.   When she left it was definitely better and then when he ended up being ousted I was thrilled.   Sadly, it met its demise with the network's desire to add more hours to their morning show.     Smiley Sad    But it was really a fun show with just the three remaining hosts.

Trusted Contributor

I like Sunny a lot, can't stand to listen to Katie Lee.  Each to his/her own.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbuttI agree with you 100% wish they would take some of The Chew hosts & mix them with some of The Kitchen hosts. The Kitchen always has some good ideas, also the Chew too. I watch Rachael Ray and I am getting fed up with her. Cancel RR and give us something else. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's funny, I don't really have a problem with Sunny, it was Geoffrey that used to bug me. 

I've always liked GZ, but I can see how he might be an acquired taste for some.  Smiley Happy    Once you get to know him more, he seems quite sweet and fun.

I love his show Cooks or Cons.

I swore I would never watch another competition cooking show but I enjoy this one.

I like it better when Daphne Oz is NOT a judge.

I like The Kitchen.   Jeff gets ragged on for being silly, I think he's funny & a great family guy.  He used to be obese, he lost all the weight & kept it off.   Plus I'm partial to a good sandwich.  I don't care for his recipes when he's not making a sandwich.

Never cared for Marcela.   She always pushed her Mexican cuisine but all the other chefs prepare all kinds of foods.   It got boring with her.

I really like Sunny.   She's a veteran as well as an army brat, lots of life experience.  She seems genuine.

Katie is Katie!   LOL

Frequent Contributor

Love The Kitchen.  Really miss The Chew all the junk on TV can't believe The Chew was cancelled.

Honored Contributor
Same here...Geoffrey just too full of himself for me.